I am looking for a basic phone that gets really good reception. Recommendations?
edelweissfarm

My Dad lives where there is only 1 bar reception on most phones. He wants a phone that he can use for emergencies when the power and/or cable goes out. He does not need a smartphone. Can anyone make a recommendation on a good, basic phone that gets great reception?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am looking for a basic phone that gets really good reception. Recommendations?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

edelweissfarm,

We definitely want to make sure your dad has a great phone! Different phones do have different radios, which can have some effect on signal strength. Any difference should be small though and it isn't a case where one phone will always perform better than the other. One phone may perform better in one location while another may perform better in a different location.

You can view a list of our basic phones available at http://vz.to/1E03k0R, all of which have customer reviews which provide great information such as the quality of the performance and ease of use. That can help find a phone that will be a great fit for your dad!

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am looking for a basic phone that gets really good reception. Recommendations?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it possible that a different carrier gets better reception where your dad lives? You can look into a prepaid phone and plan from a carrier that works well there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
edelweissfarm

Yes that is possible, except that I already have a contract with the phone he is using. We find that different phones get better or worse reception. My LG phone does not get good reception at all yet my daughter's Galaxy S3 and my boyfriend's Lucid 3 can send and receive phone calls absolutely fine at my dad's.

So different phones = different reception "strength". My dad doesn't need data, just a good, basic phone with good reception.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

edelweissfarm,

We definitely want to make sure your dad has a great phone! Different phones do have different radios, which can have some effect on signal strength. Any difference should be small though and it isn't a case where one phone will always perform better than the other. One phone may perform better in one location while another may perform better in a different location.

You can view a list of our basic phones available at http://vz.to/1E03k0R, all of which have customer reviews which provide great information such as the quality of the performance and ease of use. That can help find a phone that will be a great fit for your dad!

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes