I am not able to send/receive messages from one number intermittently.
Sevelan

I have a friend, who is also through Verizon, and we are both having issues being able to send/receive text messages to/from each other.  I have no other issues with anyone else, only this one number.  I have checked that both phones are running current updates, I have a Lumia 928, she has an Android phone I'm unfamiliar with.  But we only have the issues with each other.

Any suggestions, please

Thanks

Bob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am not able to send/receive messages from one number intermittently.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh man! I can see how this situation can be frustrating for the both of you. My next recommendation is to have you both file a ticket with your service providers so we can try to narrow this down to see if the messages are being delivered via the networks. We can also report the finding to the Lumia software team to determine if there is a concern with the software.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's very odd Bob! Let's look into this together! Are you using a 3rd party app for texting? Do either of you have a signature on your messages? Please delete all old message on both devices and contacts and attempt to text just the 10 digit number.

I look forward to your reply.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
wolfpacknation

I'm having the same problem, I have no issues sending or receiving texts from anyone else but this one person.  I can receive her texts no problem but when I send her texts they take several minutes, sometimes hours before she receives them and she's the only person I'm having this issue with all my other contacts receive my messages just fine.  I've tried restarting my phone and hers, I've deleted all of my threads, I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wolfpacknation lets get you back in the loop! Fill us in on the details and we'll get right to work! What carrier and device does she have? Do you have any trouble receiving messages from her? How long have you been experiencing difficulty?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
Sevelan

No third party apps, no signatures, we've cleared out contacts and are using just the numbers.  She ended up dropping her phone and got a new one.  She has a Galaxy S5, I'm still on my Lumia 928.

I did a live chat with someone here, based on her suggestions we both power off our phones, remove/replace simm cards, restart phones regularly and this issue is still occurring.

This issue ONLY happens with her, even when I'm at places that have horrible service, I receive messages/calls from everyone except her after I leave the trouble areas.  My phone tells me she is receiving my messages when she claims she isn't, her phone tells her I am receiving her messages when I am not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh man! I can see how this situation can be frustrating for the both of you. My next recommendation is to have you both file a ticket with your service providers so we can try to narrow this down to see if the messages are being delivered via the networks. We can also report the finding to the Lumia software team to determine if there is a concern with the software.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes