I am so dang ready to get rid of this phone...
scotchxx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ive had the Trophy for over a year, and I really can not wait to get rid of it. Unfortunately, I am not up for an Upgrade discount until july which sucks bad. Without the Upgrade discount, to get a new phone we basically have to over pay for the phone.  Im holding out hope for the Lumia 920. But I have a feeling its going to cost over $600. As much as some laptops.

I hate to do it, but Im starting to think about switching to ATT.  The unfortunate part is I would lose my grandfathered Unlimited data plan I have now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I am so dang ready to get rid of this phone...
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

and you would have an etf from verizon

look on ebay for a used phone

0 Likes
scotchxx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, that would suck too.  Im just not liking this phone at all. I shouldve stayed with my Droid Incredible until Verizon got decent Windows Phones. The Trophy has horrible call quality and the battery life  is pretty poor.

I dont think Ill find a used new Windows Phone 8 on Ebay, when their available, that is going to be cheaper than buying it new. Mostly because they arent even out yet, supposed to come out next month I believe.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

you can go back to your incredible anytime

0 Likes
scotchxx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you know if there is some sort of penalty for that?  Ive been having trouble with what I thought was my Network Extender at my house, but now im starting to think its the Trophy itself. If I fire up my Incredible, which unlike WPs, I can view the actual signal strength in RSSI, and it looks fine. But on the Trophy, its inconsistent and many times I cant even make a call. I thought maybe I would see if I could activate t he Incredible to really determine the issue. If I can make/receive calls consistently, then that could help prove there's a problem with my Trophy.

I just dont want them to move my Upgrade discount date if I do this.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can switch at any time no penalty

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pick me next scotchxx! You're getting some great suggestions from mdram4x4 & Tidbits, but I'm sure I can help too. I don't want to see you go to any other company. To answer the easier questions first :
- Activating an old Verizon Wireless phone, a Verizon Wireless phone you buy from another source, or even get a phone through our Certified Pre-Owned www.verizonwireless.com/replacementcpo Program, you will be able to keep your Unlimited Smartphoen Data if you already have it. It will also not extend your contract or upgrade eligibility date.
-Yes, you can reactivate your Incredible at no extra charge. Just log into www.vzw.com/signin as the Account Owner and select "Activate Phone" to get started.

Now, back to that bothersome Trophy. Is the call quality an issue everywhere you go, or just at your house where the Network Extender is? Did the battery life get worse after an application was installed or an update was completed? How long is your average battery life? You mentioned your upgrade date is in July. That would be 20 months from your last upgrade, which means you got the Trophy sometime in November 2011. There's a one-year warranty on any brand new equipment you purchase through us, so if you did get the phone last November and the phone's the problem, we can look into your warranty. If it's beyond the warranty or if it's been damaged, check http://phoneclaim.com/verizon/lookup to see if you have insurance. No insurance and no warranty? No worries! That's where that Certified Pre-Owned Program I mentioned earlier would come in handy.

Keep me posted if you need additional assistance.

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Woodstock14

I am on my third Trophy in 6 weeks and I have more time with tech support than frequent flyer miles.  Even the local Verizon store personnel told me they wouldn't have one.

They offered me an early upgrade to a standard phone - for $250 and extend the agreement for two years.  Oh, happy me - NOT.

0 Likes