I can't figure out how to best use the Trophy camera
Grimmr
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I've had the phone a couple weeks but I cant for the life of me take one good photo of a moving object, point in case my son. Now I understand that with him moving, im not always going to get the picture i wanted when i click the camera button, but unless he's sleeping, any movement will cause the picture to blur.

Now i have a dslr and if im shooting on manual i get the same blur affect with movment but on automatic i will get a clear shot regardless of movement. has anyone figured out the best mode to shoot on for moving targets? is there an automatic mode where i can stop getting blur.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can't figure out how to best use the Trophy camera
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Grimmr wrote:

So I've had the phone a couple weeks but I cant for the life of me take one good photo of a moving object, point in case my son. Now I understand that with him moving, im not always going to get the picture i wanted when i click the camera button, but unless he's sleeping, any movement will cause the picture to blur.

Now i have a dslr and if im shooting on manual i get the same blur affect with movment but on automatic i will get a clear shot regardless of movement. has anyone figured out the best mode to shoot on for moving targets? is there an automatic mode where i can stop getting blur.

I have only taken a few pictures with my Trophy, but this is definitely one of the areas where Verizon needed to pick better hardware.  It's why I can't wait for a WP7 Nokia, and why I've already commented on Nokia's facebook page that I hope they don't forget about those of us without good GSM coverage.  And my post even got replies from Nokia.  Not from someone who can make much difference, I'm sure, but it got a response. 

But I digress...  Back to Trophy...  First, are you aware that the camera button is a two-stage button?  Half press to focus, full press to shoot?

Given the quality of the camera, you need to make sure you are very still when shooting.  Yes, pretty much any motion is going to blur, but if you're in bright light you'll get better results.  The sensor requires a certain amount of light in order to take a picture, just as film does.  That amount of light can be varied either by aperture (size of the opening) or time (shutter speed).  Unfortunately, we have no control over aperture, so as far as I know, the only control is shutter speed, so the darker it is, the longer the shutter speed, so the more blur will be introduced.

0 Likes
Grimmr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes i have been using the focus function but as the problem is with moving images, that function is pointless once the object moves. The phone's camera pales, and i use that adjective strongly, to the iphone 4's camera. My mother has one and her photos of my fidgety son always come out crystal clear. It is disappointing to be taking a picture and all i get is a half blur, clearbackground photo.

First the battery and now the camera.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Please PM me your mobile number and MEID (Settings>About>More Info) so I can better assist you with the camera and battery issue.

Thank you!

0 Likes