I cannot view my contact list via Backup Assistant Plus
HokieMan

I go to My Verizon, More Actions, Manage My Contacts.  After doing so, up comes a dialogue box which welcomes me to Backup Assistant Plus.  It has an option to add one or more email accts.  I choose Windows Live Hotmail and enter my email address and password.  After doing so, I receive an error message which reads, "Failed to add endpoint due to the following reason:  Missing Device Name.  Please try again."  I am entering the correct email address and password but to no avail.  As a result, it is impossible for me to see the contact list within Backup Assistant Plus.  Has anyone else noted this behavior?  Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I cannot view my contact list via Backup Assistant Plus
primortal
Master - Level 1

I stayed away from VZW backup assistant.    Its a redundant process being Windows Phone by nature backs up your contacts and such to skydrive/outlook.

But back on topic, did you setup BAP on the phone?

0 Likes
HokieMan

Good point regarding Windows Phone backing up contacts to Outlook.  All this is new to me so it appears that Backup Assistant is not really needed.  Nevertheless, the utility was already set up on my Lumia 822 phone and all I had to do was push sync now for it to back up contacts.  However, I am still not able to view these contacts on the Verizon web site due to the error cited above.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to view and manage your contacts online is very important. I'm lost without my contacts so I know how you feel.

@HokieMan,

Have you added the feature for the Backup Assistant Plus to your line?  If not follow these steps to add:

From your My Verizon Home page, click on the  button under the “I Want To...” menu, and under the Content Management selection, and follow the prompts to add the Backup Assistant Plus feature to your account.

Make sure you log in to your My Verizon account using your number so you're able to view the contacts for you line.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance or are still unable to view your contacts.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
HokieMan

Thanks but I cannot seem to follow the instructions.  I cannot see the Content Management selection you mention.  It seems that I already have BAckup Assistant Plus on my acct. as I can go to that option on my phone and it tells me that the most recent backup was successful.  I can't see these contacts online however.  To review, I choose More Actions - Manage My Contacts - Welcome to Backup Assistant Plus - At that point, a box comes up asking me to add one or more email accts.  I choose Windows Live Hotmail and enter the correct email address and password.  That is when I get the aforementioed message, "Failed to add endpoint due to the following reason:  Missing Device Name. Please try again."

This has become very frustrating as my calls to Verizon have not helped.  However, it is reassuring to know that my contacts are indeed being backed up through my Microsoft Outlook acct. and can be retrieved from there should need be.

Nevertheless, I would sure like to be able to see and manage these contacts on Backup Assistant Plus online.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
babe10268

Yes I have the same exact problem and I keep being told since November they are doing Maintenance.  Then I was told a ticket will be submitted...then I was told backup assistant plus is not supported with my Droid 4...yep not one person knows what they are talking about at Verizon...I use to like this service, well once this contract is over, I feel I will be leaving, not only this problem, I was told a few months ago I am grand-fathered in with my data package since I currently have 4 phones, 3 phones on the data plan, that was a lie and then they got me for a $30 upgrade fee, then I have insurance on all 4 phones and my son is  having an issue with his phone already after 2 weeks and they said he can swap it for a refurbished phone...yes...Verizon Wireless is just wonderful.

If you figure the Backup Assistance out, please advise and I will do the same

0 Likes
babe10268

I figured this out on my own...so no need to reply to my post.

0 Likes
HokieMan

If you figured out how to view contacts via Backup Assistant Plus, please share that with me as I still cannot do so.  I have been speculating that it is a problem unique to Windows Phones but was unsure once I saw your original post.

0 Likes
babe10268

Not sure if you are having the same problem I had...my  issue was I could not view my contacts on line...Backup Assistant worked on the phone, just couldn't get on line to manage it.  What I did was registered my Verizon Wireless Account email address on my phone and did not use the gmail account, I used my AOL account.  Now I am up and running smoothly...

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I suspect Backup Assistant is not available for Windows Phone. The app is not in Marketplace and it didn't come preloaded on my WP. Furthermore, on this site it says it's not compatible, but I'm not sure how current that is since it still refers to it as Windows Mobile.

0 Likes