I cant connect to back up assistant plus
agorni

I just reset my nokia 928 and now I cant connect to backup assistant to sync my contacts

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I cant connect to back up assistant plus
speedpilotf16
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had this problem with my phone in the past. You need to go into the app store, and locate the app, and then manually update the app.

View solution in original post

primortal
Master - Level 1

Better off calling support than getting any help from VZW here.

Majority use Windows Phone native back up to OneDrive that includes contacts and text message backup.  If you are using a Microsoft account you might already have your contacts synched depending if the backup option was enabled.

0 Likes
agorni

Don't know how to access that

0 Likes
speedpilotf16
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had this problem with my phone in the past. You need to go into the app store, and locate the app, and then manually update the app.

agorni

Yes, that's the only thing that works thanks for the reply

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

You might want to get away from Backup Assistant because it archaic and specific to VZW.  If you use Windows Phone's native back functionality (Learn about Windows Phone backup | Windows Phone How-to (United States)) you can synch your contacts on different devices and platforms.  Plus you won't run into this issue of updating an application first before you can restore your contacts when doing a hard reset or getting a new windows phone.

0 Likes
agorni

Thanks, sound like smart move.

0 Likes
speedpilotf16
Enthusiast - Level 3

I reality yes Primortal is right about backup assistant, however one feature of it that I would like to note that I found useful after my last WP died (mic stopped working) and I replaced with a new one was that the app backs up your text messages. This is one feature that they have yet to make for WP backup (Microsoft windows phone website based).

0 Likes