I cant wake my phone up or turn my 928 off....
eirick
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everything was working fine with my phone last night until I began getting texts as "media content in this message".  My phone then bricked on me and was totally unresponsive unless I turned it on by holding the camera button.  The power button was completely unresponsive and a soft reset wouldn't even initiate.  I finally did a hard reset and the phone is now working, but I still have no function out of the power button.  The only way to wake up the phone is to use the camera button. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I cant wake my phone up or turn my 928 off....
eirick
Enthusiast - Level 1

My issue was fixed.... somehow the device became slightly separated  (screen and back cover).  I didn't notice until the case was removed.  Once it was snapped back into place the phone became fully functional. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eirick,

We want to make sure you have a fully functional device. I truly thank you for the troubleshooting steps you have done to resolve the issue with your device being unresponsive. As you have already performed a factory reset of the device and the power button is stil not responsive the next step is to review replacement options. Please private message me so we can review your account for options. Does your device have any physical or water damage?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
eirick
Enthusiast - Level 1

My issue was fixed.... somehow the device became slightly separated  (screen and back cover).  I didn't notice until the case was removed.  Once it was snapped back into place the phone became fully functional. 

0 Likes
ammoblammo
Enthusiast - Level 3

so you answered your own question! I'm glad you got it figured out. I had my lumia 928 freeze on me as well once. I had to do a soft reset on the phone to get it to work. Just thought that would be helpful in case the phone freezes up on you without the separation of the screen from the back.

0 Likes