I downloaded the new lumia denim/cortana update to my lumia 929 once completed I found that all photos and videos stored on the phone were gone! Where are they and how do I get them back?
lumiauser

after many prompts by my Lumia 929 I downloaded what I assume was the recent denim update with cortana etc.  When I did so all photos and video stored on the phone vanished.  where are they and how do I get them back??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I downloaded the new lumia denim/cortana update to my lumia 929 once completed I found that all photos and videos stored on the phone were gone! Where are they and how do I get them back?
primortal
Master - Level 1

If you didn't configure Windows Phone backup option or use VZW Backup Assistant then all is lost.

If you did go with Windows Phone native backup and you use an Outlook account you should find your photos and videos on OneDrive.  I'm not sure how much VZW Backup Assistant backs up but you would need to start a restore from that software and see what's preserved.

With any OS installs/updates a backup is always best to first.

View solution in original post

Re: I downloaded the new lumia denim/cortana update to my lumia 929 once completed I found that all photos and videos stored on the phone were gone! Where are they and how do I get them back?
primortal
Master - Level 1

If you didn't configure Windows Phone backup option or use VZW Backup Assistant then all is lost.

If you did go with Windows Phone native backup and you use an Outlook account you should find your photos and videos on OneDrive.  I'm not sure how much VZW Backup Assistant backs up but you would need to start a restore from that software and see what's preserved.

With any OS installs/updates a backup is always best to first.