I had an htc windows 8x and had 8.1 on it. But I needed to replace it so purchased one online and it's got window 8.0. Want to know when I will be able to get my 8.1 update so that it can be like my first phone I had?
Sparky06

Have talked to Htc and windows and they both told me that it is up to Verizon to put out this update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I had an htc windows 8x and had 8.1 on it. But I needed to replace it so purchased one online and it's got window 8.0. Want to know when I will be able to get my 8.1 update so that it can be like my first phone I had?
jeffindayton
Enthusiast - Level 3

don't hold your breath. days, weeks, months slip by, they don't care

0 Likes
Re: I had an htc windows 8x and had 8.1 on it. But I needed to replace it so purchased one online and it's got window 8.0. Want to know when I will be able to get my 8.1 update so that it can be like my first phone I had?
TheBlueberry

Verizon's and HTCs attempt to make money for the holidays by forcing upgrades to newer phones. Most Windows phones have been pulled from the market due to poor sales and HTC and others are just perpetuating it. I will probably abandon Windows phone myself due to so many issues with the HTC 8X and lack of 8.1 upgrade. I have been loyal to Microsoft for to long, since Windows CE and have missed the world of Android all together. I like having all my Microsoft apps sync up, but app support and usability is useless for anything but a phone. Its a darn shame really. I had the HTC Tilt and the same thing happened. I don't think my 8X will last till Windows 10 phones. I am replacing the SIM card every month now to prevent auto shutdowns and Text issues.

0 Likes