I have a Windows HTC One M8. After the latest update from Verizon, the battery drains in about 4 hours? Anyone else with the same issue?
Aap
Enthusiast - Level 2

The recent update through Verizon for the HTC one M8 is getting hot and drains the battery in about 3-4 hours. I have looked at the settings and they didnt change after the update,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have a Windows HTC One M8. After the latest update from Verizon, the battery drains in about 4 hours? Anyone else with the same issue?
Aap
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to chat with a Verizon customer service agent and the best idea was to back up and do a hard reset. It seems to be working right now... I will give it time.

Thanks..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have a Windows HTC One M8. After the latest update from Verizon, the battery drains in about 4 hours? Anyone else with the same issue?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry you're experiencing these issues with your last update, Aap. Let's see how we can get your phone functioning better. When exactly did you get the update? Which update do you have? You can view this if you go to Start>swipe left to display Apps list> Settings> About>More Info> View the Firmware Revision Number and Radio Software Version.

This will help us determine exactly what's going on. Also, it can take a few days for phone to normalize after an update. Or it could be that some apps are no longer compatible with the newer software. However, first, let's determine the software version.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Aap
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done a couple of soft resets after the update and it was still draining and overheating. I did a third soft reset, and today it seems fine so far.

Firmware: 2061.30.30501.605

Radio Software: 1.01.50.0305

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm glad to learn you are seeing improvement today, Aap. If you start to notice the battery draining faster, please check Settings>Power>Battery Usage, and let us know if anything stands out.

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Aap
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the battery continue to heat up randomly. I have tried a soft reboot each time it started to get warm, and then it was okay.

Yesterday and today, when the battery was fully charged, I took it off the charger and immediately did a soft reboot. It has been holding the charge when I did this as it is currently @ 84% since this morning

0 Likes
KeegdnaB42
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem. Since the GDR2 update, the battery drains excessively and the device gets uncomfortably hot.

0 Likes
Aap
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone continues on the same path of excessive heat and battery drain. Like in previous posts, the doesnt seem to be any reason why it continues. The soft reboots are not working as well. Some days it will be great for a few hours, and then heat up and drain in 2 hours. It is without a doubt since the last update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry to learn this is ongoing, Aap. When the phone overheats, are you using any applications or on a call? From Settings>Battery Saver>Usage, are there any apps or programs that stand out for high usage? Do you have Battery Saver enabled?

AndreaS_VZW
0 Likes
Aap
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to chat with a Verizon customer service agent and the best idea was to back up and do a hard reset. It seems to be working right now... I will give it time.

Thanks..

0 Likes