I have an HTC One windows phone. I keep receiving duplicate text messages.
derby27

How do I stop the duplicate messages from being received and also sending?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have an HTC One windows phone. I keep receiving duplicate text messages.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
derby27, let's put those duplicate messages to rest! Did you download a 3rd party text messaging application to your device? Try deleting any unwanted text messages and power your device off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: I have an HTC One windows phone.  I keep receiving duplicate text messages.
derby27

This problem still exists.  No, I only use the text feature the phone came with.

not only am i receiving and sending duplicates but not all my texts go through....especially MMS group texts.

0 Likes
ng6584

I have this issue too. I've narrowed it down to having a weak signal where I am at the time.

0 Likes
derby27

It happens all over the place for me. Home, work, shopping, everywhere Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: I have an HTC One windows phone.  I keep receiving duplicate text messages.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

derby27,

Sorry to learn that the duplicate messaging issue is still ongoing. I can definitely assist you with this. For the group texts, please ensure Group texts is On by opening up your messaging app and then hitting the 3 dots on the lower right hand side to access settings. Once in settings, scroll down and ensure Group Text is set to On as it's usually Off by default. For the duplicate text issue, access your phone application and then the 3 dots to get to Settings. Next, scroll up or down until you see the International Assist and make sure it's set to off. Also, ensure you don't have any 3rd party messaging apps on your device as each app will receive the texts causing them to duplicate on your device. After verifying these settings, re-test your messages.

Keep us posted with your results.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes