I have the latest OS for Icon. But do not have "hey Cortana" on it. Did Verizon bock this upgrade?
Jimmyp9751
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have latest OS for Icon- 8.10.14219.341.

Firmware number- 1028.3566.1417.0047.

Do not have "hey Cortana" in settings. Is the OS and Firmware correct to get "hey Cortana"?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have the latest OS for Icon. But do not have "hey Cortana" on it. Did Verizon bock this upgrade?
IT247
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the ICON. I installed the Developers Preview to get the updates right away since Verizon was not offering them at that time. Everything ran fine. When Verizon finally released Denim. I unselected the checkbox on the Developers Preview and uninstalled the program. I figured I was done with them and would get the Denim update from Verizon. Problem: The Developers Preview actually gave you almost everything that Denim does, so when it checked the Verizon servers, it said I was up to date based upon the OS version I was running. I reinstalled the Developers Preview, selected the checkbox to re sign up for updates. Then I checked for updates on my phone. The update request will take almost a full 2 min. to find the update. Do not stop it from checking, it is not locked up. You will get the Denim Update.I did on 2 phones with no problems. Your phone says you are on Denim based upon the version of your OS.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have the latest OS for Icon. But do not have "hey Cortana" on it. Did Verizon bock this upgrade?
cgsheen
Enthusiast - Level 3

You do not have the latest firmware, the "Denim" update. Fix that and you'll have "Hey Cortana". I do...

0 Likes
Jimmyp9751
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I upgrade the firmware?

0 Likes
cgsheen
Enthusiast - Level 3

You should have firmware 02540.00019.15024.38022

It's also supposed to be part of the official update. Did you update manually? Have you tried that again? Otherwise there's a tool mentioned in other posts: Search for the "Lumia Software Recovery Tool".

0 Likes
IT247
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the ICON. I installed the Developers Preview to get the updates right away since Verizon was not offering them at that time. Everything ran fine. When Verizon finally released Denim. I unselected the checkbox on the Developers Preview and uninstalled the program. I figured I was done with them and would get the Denim update from Verizon. Problem: The Developers Preview actually gave you almost everything that Denim does, so when it checked the Verizon servers, it said I was up to date based upon the OS version I was running. I reinstalled the Developers Preview, selected the checkbox to re sign up for updates. Then I checked for updates on my phone. The update request will take almost a full 2 min. to find the update. Do not stop it from checking, it is not locked up. You will get the Denim Update.I did on 2 phones with no problems. Your phone says you are on Denim based upon the version of your OS.

0 Likes