Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I have the latest OS for Icon. But do not have "hey Cortana" on it. Did Verizon bock this upgrade?
Jimmyp9751

I have latest OS for Icon- 8.10.14219.341.

Firmware number- 1028.3566.1417.0047.

Do not have "hey Cortana" in settings. Is the OS and Firmware correct to get "hey Cortana"?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: I have the latest OS for Icon. But do not have "hey Cortana" on it. Did Verizon bock this upgrade?
IT247

I have the ICON. I installed the Developers Preview to get the updates right away since Verizon was not offering them at that time. Everything ran fine. When Verizon finally released Denim. I unselected the checkbox on the Developers Preview and uninstalled the program. I figured I was done with them and would get the Denim update from Verizon. Problem: The Developers Preview actually gave you almost everything that Denim does, so when it checked the Verizon servers, it said I was up to date based upon the OS version I was running. I reinstalled the Developers Preview, selected the checkbox to re sign up for updates. Then I checked for updates on my phone. The update request will take almost a full 2 min. to find the update. Do not stop it from checking, it is not locked up. You will get the Denim Update.I did on 2 phones with no problems. Your phone says you are on Denim based upon the version of your OS.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have the latest OS for Icon. But do not have "hey Cortana" on it. Did Verizon bock this upgrade?
cgsheen

You do not have the latest firmware, the "Denim" update. Fix that and you'll have "Hey Cortana". I do...

0 Likes
Jimmyp9751

How do I upgrade the firmware?

0 Likes
cgsheen

You should have firmware 02540.00019.15024.38022

It's also supposed to be part of the official update. Did you update manually? Have you tried that again? Otherwise there's a tool mentioned in other posts: Search for the "Lumia Software Recovery Tool".

0 Likes
IT247

I have the ICON. I installed the Developers Preview to get the updates right away since Verizon was not offering them at that time. Everything ran fine. When Verizon finally released Denim. I unselected the checkbox on the Developers Preview and uninstalled the program. I figured I was done with them and would get the Denim update from Verizon. Problem: The Developers Preview actually gave you almost everything that Denim does, so when it checked the Verizon servers, it said I was up to date based upon the OS version I was running. I reinstalled the Developers Preview, selected the checkbox to re sign up for updates. Then I checked for updates on my phone. The update request will take almost a full 2 min. to find the update. Do not stop it from checking, it is not locked up. You will get the Denim Update.I did on 2 phones with no problems. Your phone says you are on Denim based upon the version of your OS.

0 Likes