Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I just got my Windows 10 notification!
Bales

I bet I am not the only one. Could it actually be happening. I won't hold my breath until it is finally updated. Share your experiences with the update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I just got my Windows 10 notification!
Bales

First issue I find is that I don't have enough space on my phone. I just got back from vacation so I am downloading pics and videos to clear up space.

0 Likes
Bales

Once clearing off enough space (I had over 2.5GB free), the download started working. Actual time to download the files was about 30 minutes but I have a very good wifi connection to a internet connection of over 2GB/sec at work. Obviously, I didn't come close to those speeds due to many factors. It took a long time for the phone to 'prepare to install' and the 10-15 minutes for the phone to restart and install the new OS is running past 20 minutes now and I am still at 75%. Total time so far is 1 hour and 10 minutes and counting.

0 Likes
Bales

And 2 hours later (almost to the minute) all is updated, even my apps that needed updating. Everything seems to be operating smoothly. I had a phone with the Windows 10 Preview so I cannot wait to use a lot of the features I have been waiting to get back with my latest Lumia 735.

0 Likes
dexman

Post an update or two to let the community know how things are going!

0 Likes
bgoodbody
Novice

Was this via Windows insider?

0 Likes