I know there is a 14 day return policy on new phone purchases, but my phone has a lot of issues. Can I replace for an Android?
jnporter11

Well, my husband got a Nokia Lumia 928 a couple of weeks ago, and it was fine until about last week (but still after the 14th day). His screen freezes a lot, the phone shuts off by itself while still having plenty of battery left, the keyboard starts typing by itself and going to different apps, etc... by itself. It is really getting annoying and I was wondering if even though past the 14 days, that he could possibly return the phone for an Android? Any ideas? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
I know there is a 14 day return policy on new phone purchases, but my phone has a lot of issues. Can I replace for an Android?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The best you're going to be able to do is a warranty exchange.  You could ask if they will send a different device, but it is not likely, especially on your first replacement.  Also take note, because you are past your 14 day return period, the warranty replacement will be a CLNR.

0 Likes
jnporter11

Great...so basically, I'm better off trying to find a phone to trade or something like that. I guess I will just deal for now. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: I know there is a 14 day return policy on new phone purchases, but my phone has a lot of issues. Can I replace for an Android?
halo79

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time with your new phone.  Windows Phones are pretty solid.  It sounds like there might a bug in your software.  Have you tried performing a master reset on the device and or updated the software?  The Lumia 928 has one if not the best camera on any mobile device to date.  I would recommend trying to master reset the device, go to Settings>about> More info> reset phone.

Hope that helps

0 Likes
Re: I know there is a 14 day return policy on new phone purchases, but my phone has a lot of issues. Can I replace for an Android?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there jnporter11,

I want you to be completely comfortable with your device. The Lumia 928 is a wonderful device and Windows 8 is a great operating system.  Does the screen freeze or shut off when you perform a specific task or utilize a certain application? Is this the only issue that you are having with the device?

I would recommend completing a soft reset,http://vz.to/17GStId and let us know if the issues persist.

Demmo86rt is correct.  Since the device was just purchased it would still be under the manufactures warranty as long as there is no physical or water damage to it, so if we are unable to resolve the issue via troubleshooting we are able to replace the device for you. I am confident we can get you back up and running.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes