Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
I'm Holding out for Lumia Emerald
MrGecko
Contributor

It appears Nokia is still developing but unless the major carriers get on board there may not be a market in the U.S. of A.

Lumia Emerald to be Next Lumia Firmware Update: Roll-out Expected in Early 2015 - Yahoo Small Busine...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm Holding out for Lumia Emerald
primortal
Master

It's believed to be a hoax, PSA: Alleged 'Lumia Emerald' sightings are most likely a hoax | Windows Phone Central

As for the Lumia Emerald, the update is likely to be released during January-February 2015, reports NokiaPowerUser, when the Windows 10 Developer Preview rolls out for Windows Phone (Developer Preview devices).

Also I highly doubt a preview for developers of Windows 10 for Phone will be release around that time frame either.  Plus firmware isn't released until there is an actual OS update/release.  Windows 10 isn't due till mid next year so Emerald and Windows 10 no way.

Lastly if Emerald is the next firmware after Denim it will probably be with Update 3 of Windows Phone 8.1

0 Likes
Re: I'm Holding out for Lumia Emerald
MrGecko
Contributor

I figured it to be a hoax. Just a post to rile up Verizon customers. I will be watching AT&T for deals that include an ETF refund.

0 Likes