IF VZW does not offering LUMIA 920, i will go for ATT
TD-Dex

1, i'm an advance & professonal player of phones and pc, and i'm tired with android

2, i believe VZW users do NOT CARE about PRICE

3,what we expect is a better phone BETTER than others(ATT, T-M) since we pay more

4,expect 41m cam on lumia 9xx

5, lumia 8xx is for poor users!

6,if not offer lumia 9xx, i sure so many VZW users gonna LEAVE

7,expect VZW act fast (before DEC

Message was edited by: TD-DEX did u guys see VZW sale 822 at the same as 920? can't think about VZW's IQ

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IF VZW does not offering LUMIA 920, i will go for ATT
primortal
Master - Level 1

Well I guess you're going to AT&T.  VZW isn't getting the Lumia 920 or it variant anytime soon; AT&T has it exclusive for 6 months.

There are rumors of a quad-core Nokia possibly Feb/Mar next year.

scott21
Contributor - Level 2

LMAO this made me laugh too hard, professonal player of phones and pc,.  But anyways like the person said no 920 coming to vzw for 6 months.

soangry
Enthusiast - Level 2

hehehe I kinda laughed at that too. lol  I don't do contracts so I can go where I want and I live in the city so coverage isn't an issue with any company so I just go where the hardware I want is.  3 more days!

0 Likes
cthulhucometh
Enthusiast - Level 2

The first part is funny but I am tired of getting lower quality phones just because Verizon doesn't support Windows. They will pretty much insult you at the store just because you ask about a Windows Phone.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I couldn't help but laugh, myself...  What in the world is a professional player of phones and PC?  And a 41m cam?  A cam that is 41 meters long?  If he's talking about a 41 mp camera, you're not going to get that without the bulge that is on the 808 - that's why it's on the 808.  I'm thinking if the bulge wasn't necessary, they wouldn't have put it there.

Myself, I've been over at wpcentral the past few days reading their forums, seeing all the people anxious about getting their 920s, and yesterday decided to look at the coverage map.  It was updated on 10/31, and shows my area covered in 4G LTE.  I was excited!  I looked online at work, got the code to the discount site to get the ATT discount through work, and put together an order, put together pricing with the discount, printed it out, and took it home to show my lovely wife.

Immediately she put the brakes on, and said she did not want to switch to ATT.  The coverage is no good, she said.  But the map says it is, I said.  Well, she pulled the ol' "call so-and-so" card out.  So I did.  Boy was I in for a let-down. 

I was totally aware that my pastor, and a number of other people at church, had to walk out to the parking lot in order to use their phones at church, but after looking at the map, and seeing it updated as of 10/31, I thought coverage had improved.  Nope.  I was told it was horrendous.  No good.  So I guess I'm not getting a 920.  Which means I'm not buying any phone.  Because unless I can get what I want, I'm not wasting my money.  Verizon and Nokia can take their disagreement and go pound sand with it.  Until they can work out a deal where I can get what I want, I'm not going to spend anything.  In the mean time, I'll be on the look out for any way of getting a Windows Phone on Straight Talk on the Verizon network.  Yeah, I know, for now fat chance, but I'm going to keep my eyes out for every chance to get out of paying Verizon directly for using their network if they're not going to offer me what I want. 

The phone companies in the US need to figure out that we the people are fed up with their anti-consumer practices.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

hopmedic wrote:

I couldn't help but laugh, myself...  What in the world is a professional player of phones and PC?  And a 41m cam?  A cam that is 41 meters long?  If he's talking about a 41 mp camera, you're not going to get that without the bulge that is on the 808 - that's why it's on the 808.  I'm thinking if the bulge wasn't necessary, they wouldn't have put it there.

Myself, I've been over at wpcentral the past few days reading their forums, seeing all the people anxious about getting their 920s, and yesterday decided to look at the coverage map.  It was updated on 10/31, and shows my area covered in 4G LTE.  I was excited!  I looked online at work, got the code to the discount site to get the ATT discount through work, and put together an order, put together pricing with the discount, printed it out, and took it home to show my lovely wife.

Immediately she put the brakes on, and said she did not want to switch to ATT.  The coverage is no good, she said.  But the map says it is, I said.  Well, she pulled the ol' "call so-and-so" card out.  So I did.  Boy was I in for a let-down. 

I was totally aware that my pastor, and a number of other people at church, had to walk out to the parking lot in order to use their phones at church, but after looking at the map, and seeing it updated as of 10/31, I thought coverage had improved.  Nope.  I was told it was horrendous.  No good.  So I guess I'm not getting a 920.  Which means I'm not buying any phone.  Because unless I can get what I want, I'm not wasting my money.  Verizon and Nokia can take their disagreement and go pound sand with it.  Until they can work out a deal where I can get what I want, I'm not going to spend anything.  In the mean time, I'll be on the look out for any way of getting a Windows Phone on Straight Talk on the Verizon network.  Yeah, I know, for now fat chance, but I'm going to keep my eyes out for every chance to get out of paying Verizon directly for using their network if they're not going to offer me what I want. 

The phone companies in the US need to figure out that we the people are fed up with their anti-consumer practices.

And I thought the OP was funny, "professional player of phones". Hopmedic takes the cake!

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

hopmedic wrote:

Thank God for your wife!  That was an important test to do before you took the time to switch carriers.  For what it's worth, back in the day Nokia had great antennas in phones and would make calls where other phones on the same carrier wouldn't.  When I had the Lumia 900 on AT&T, I couldn't test this out, because I am in a good coverage area for AT&T.

21stNow
Master - Level 1

mrpearsoy wrote:

hopmedic wrote:

And I thought the OP was funny, "professional player of phones". Hopmedic takes the cake!

I hope that the OP doesn't mind, but I'm going to take that title for myself!  Ms. Professional Player of Phones from now on everybody!

Trademarked
Enthusiast - Level 2

One!

Previous post is very true make sure you ask around before switching carriers.

I for one have made the switch from Verizon to ATandT for the 920.

The service is easily comparable as far as reception. Sure I have to wait for 4G LTE speeds because I live in the boonies but I don't do heavy data traffic from my phone as it is thats what WiFi is for.

The 920 is a great phone and just having dabbled with it for the day today I can honestly Say I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

If the service is comparable come to att and get the 920 for the price Verizon is offering the 822 for.

100 bucks with new contract and the price points of plans especially with multiple lines is hands down better than Verizon.

Verizon kept me happy from a customer support stand point but I wasn't waiting for them to get their heads out of the sand regarding Win Phone 8 and can say I couldn't be happier with the switch.