Re: IT"S HERE!!!
jimho
Enthusiast - Level 2

StillLearnin wrote:

The device manual and some usage articles are on the Support site now.

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5635&m=

Now I know why it took so long to get this phone out... they had to write a 129 page manual after NoDo was released ....

0 Likes
Re: IT"S HERE!!!
Basik13

Today at work, I told a co-worker that I had just ordered the HTC Trophy this morning.  She told me that she was just at a Verizon store last night, and a sales rep was giving a group of customers a little lecture about all of the new and populer VZW phones (Droid Charge, Xperia, Trophy, Droid X2, iPhone, etc.).  The rep went into great deal explaining the key features of all of the phones, but when someone asked him about the Trophy, he quickly responded: "Oh...you don't want to buy that phone.  It hardly has any apps".  My co-worker (who is an Android user) then said to the rep, "But that Windows Phone looks cool", and then once again the sales rep told her:  "No, for that kind of money, you should just buy an iPhone or Android".

Really??  Please tell me that this is just the personal opinion of one employee, and not the general strategy of Verizon's sales reps.  What gives them the right to sway people away from WIndows Phone?  From what I can tell, the online sales today were a huge success.  I don't want sales reps to be ruining the chance for WP7 to succeed.  I'm so sick and tired of the Apple bias in this country...it's gotten completely out of hand.  So many people buy iPhones because other people tell them that "It's the best phone" -- without an real justification or comparison to similar phones.  If you ask me, owning an Apple product has become more of a fashion statement than a tech preference in this country, and that drives me crazy!  I really have no beef with the Android platform, but I really, really hate Apple.

Ok, on a positive note...I cannot wait to unbox my Trophy when I get home from work tomorrow!  It will be the start of a great holiday weekend!:smileyhappy:

0 Likes