Icon Cyan update info
sullivanevan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got off chat with Verizon support.  She said they expect the Cyan update to be release at the end of this month or early Nov.  Although I think they said summer before too

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Icon Cyan update info
primortal
Master - Level 1

I'll take what support says with a grain of salt because they really don't know anything and just will tell the customer something to make them happy.

11/15 is the four month mark which was the same amount of time it took them to release Update 3 for Windows Phone 8.0.

0 Likes
bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

I've heard end of October for quite a while now.  I haven't heard anything that changed that timeline.  I'm sure it's going to be on the way soon.

0 Likes
rcaringer

Here is a link to the Microsoft update page:

Availability in North America - Nokia

0 Likes
CrimsonO2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good luck with this show of support for the Icon considering Verizon has pulled the device from being purchasable at their store.

0 Likes
soapbox3000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got off the phone with a customer service rep from Verizon and they said that the Update (not specifying which one cyan or denim) was released from testing on 10/14/14 and normally takes about 2-3 weeks for it to start pushing OTA to our phones.  So the timeline that I'm giving this is end of month for October to the middle of November.

Granted, I am taking this info with a grain of salt just due to the lack of official notification from Verizon Proper.  But at least in my mind I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel...sorta...could be a hallucination...*delayed nervous laugh*

bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

This would seem to go with the update that Microsoft pushed last week for extras+info.  Hopeful.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Most likely Cyan being Denim isn't even listed on MS page for device updates yet.

Interesting it takes so long from approval to device release.  Also interesting that support is actually providing more information than the usual "I don't know" or "You'll need to ask Microsoft" answers.

0 Likes
bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

Another Microsoft update for those running Preview For Developers tonight.  Hoping it is getting ready for Cyan and maybe even Denim.  Hey, a guy can hope!

0 Likes
ZagadkaVolya

The entire 8.1 update fiasco is, more than anything, making me look at AT&T. This just isn't acceptable.

0 Likes