Icon WP 8.1 live folders???
Texmant

I have an ICON and I put 8.1 on it.  But I don't have live folders for some reason.  Any thoughts?

Also have some pinned web links that disappear on me from time to time.  Any help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Icon WP 8.1 live folders???
LumiaIconUser
Contributor - Level 1

Live folders is 8.1.1 -- which should come to you as another update if you have 8.1. To create a folder, you drag a live tile on top of another one. Works great on my Icon.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The issues you discribe are a device maker (Microsoft) issue and not your cellular carrier.

As I noticed your other post regarding the issue after you sent back to manufacturer the down grade they gave you. It would not be a Verizon wireless issue.

Many owners of your devices are asking for the update, however after getting one (either up/down) they are all set to have Verizon take the blame for their issues which is not an issue with the carrier.

My advice is to search the device makers support forum or Microsoft's support forum for a fix if they have one.

Good Luck

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

With that mentality...  Why doesn't VZW just dump all the communities for each and every device and just one for Network and the other for Billing.

If you cannot answer the question other than complaining, why bother?

Back to the topic.  Like what LumiaIconUser said, see if there is another update which should be 8.1.1 which will include Live Folders.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Please read carefully what I wrote. Did I not say to take it up with the device maker? Microsoft?

My answer was sincere.

BUT....like I have been saying all along "once any update comes out the posts start blaming the carriers for the issues instead of device manufacturers and OS developers"

The post above proves my point. And you explain to me how missing live tiles after Nokia downgraded the device is a Verizon wireless issue.

I always gave you credit for your reading and understanding in these posts. Don't prove that thought was a mistake.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

But you're not understanding the thought process behind these communities.  Customers see their device listed in the community which means the OS is included so customers naturally are going to ask questions about the OS.  It's just human nature.  I bet if peruse the Andriod and iPhone communities there are questions about the OS, correct?  Do you tell them to go an search Google or Apple site being it not carrier related?

I don't see anything in the original post about missing live tiles after Nokia downgraded the device?  Am I missing something?  I miss placed my rose colored glasses this morning

The OP participated in the Preview for Developers program which installed 8.1.  Live Tiles was introduced in version 8.1.1 so all the OP has to do is check for updates again to get 8.1.1.

The disappearing web links is an whole different matter.  Texmant try a soft reset to see if that clears up.  Also are you using you Microsoft Account (tied to the phone) on multiple phones?

0 Likes
LumiaIconUser
Contributor - Level 1

I'm so glad we have an iPhone user here to help guide us to where we should be. Of course he's probably trolling Microsoft help forums telling people to go ask Verizon about it.

primortal
Master - Level 1

Plus this is the "Windows Phone" community which is the OS and not device specific

0 Likes
Not applicable

No I was referring to his other post.

Just answered all at the same time.

I give links whenever necessary. And I see all the Apple iOS complaints as well. But not carrier related as you know in that case.

Have a happy Thursday

0 Likes
Not applicable

Someone has to help you complainers.

iOS or Android makes no difference to me.

You were wrong about your rights and complaints and you are wrong in blaming any carrier for any update given to your device.

Good Luck

0 Likes