Re: Re: Icon user here chiming in on lack of support from Verizon
Tidbits
Legend

Just the fact in there they reserve the right to void it because it is installed.  That's all I am saying to say it doesn't at all is disproved by that section.  If there was nothing to void the warranty why even this is in there? 

0 Likes
Re: Icon user here chiming in on lack of support from Verizon
Tidbits
Legend

primortal wrote:

You can always go the play dumb route and never mention you installed the preview for developers when reporting a problem with the phone

That's what most Android users do when they root their phones.

grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

That's what lawyers do.

Tidbits
Legend

Exactly what would void the warranty then?  Explain...  If like you said it was authorized software then there is NO NEED for that subsection.  That proves it's NOT authorized software.  DP are probably not even been through FCC checks is the reason why the subsection is there.

grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

Have it your way...you always do.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am wondering...  I mean if they are going to honor the warranty why would they need an out...  I have yet to even see a lawyer who is planning to honor anything they say or do give themselves an out...  They would put an out if they plan to opt out.  Just saying...

So exactly why would MS need an out if it's official software?

0 Likes
Johnpohl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Promises. Promises. Purchased the IKON with an guarantee that 8.1 was just around the corner. Windows 8.1 is released. Its been in testing at Verizon for 4-6 months on the status page.. Now they are dropping support for this phone. I guess it is my bad for believing the Verizon line. Not sure what to do. This is not complaining - just wish Verizon would stand behind their product as windows 8.1 is released - its just that Verizon 1) won't tell us why they won't deploy it? Some transparency might be nice. I can take the truth. .

pa2k4p
Contributor - Level 1

VZW doesn't care, and any transparency would just bring more questions they don't want to have to answer. VZW unfortunately is the worst carrier if you're into Windows Phone or any kind of phone "hobbying". At our house, we've started an "unlocked phone savings jar" for us to contribute to while we wait for our contracts to expire. Then we're getting new (or gently used) unlocked phones and all bailing to somewhere contract free that can handle just popping in a SIM card and go with no tether to VZW.

For the record, that's currently 2 Android phones, 1 iPhone, and 1 Windows Phone going bye bye within a year.

brueskie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is the answer I got from one of Verizon's support reps in a chat forum...not much help:

>> Chat transcript removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

Word from Microsoft is that work is underway for the Cyan update to all Nokia Phones on Verizon.

See more at this link Microsoft: 'Work is underway' on Verizon's Lumia Cyan updates | Windows Central