Re: Icon user here chiming in on lack of support from Verizon
primortal
Master - Level 1

First that "Joe" person is the VP of the Operating Systems Group and basically knows what he is talking about.

When did Joe state that Verizon was the hold up?  When did Microsoft blamed the carriers?

We all know well and good that carriers don't touch code and it was never said that they did by any post I can remember.  Please sight post that said otherwise.

I have said numerous times that it take about 4 months for VZW to release the update.  That's how long it took them to release Update 3 for Windows Phone.  Update 3 was released on 10.14.2013 and VZW started releasing it on 2.11.2014.

This could all been adverted if VZW would have announced they are working on testing the update and will release it in do time.  Instead they choose to be silent and irate paying customers.

Not applicable

[quote]

First that "Joe" person is the VP of the Operating Systems Group and basically knows what he is talking about.

When did Joe state that Verizon was the hold up?  When did Microsoft blamed the carriers?

[/quote]

I did not say you claimed it.

I said Joe; whats his name told a few posters on these windows threads, and brother if you think I am searching all these posts you have the wrong person.

I have read every line of garbage from "I cannot divulge the name of this high up executives" "An Executive from Verizon told me this or that" "The Windows Forum Moderator stated the hold up was Verizon" "Every carrier other than Verizon has released the update" (As you know this was totally incorrect) or the I have heard back from the FCC complaint and the FCC is going to call Verizon to keep my complaint open"

I could go on and on. You read them so you know exactly what I am referring to. And in a few cases the complainers posted links from the Windows Users Forum. So it is a fact.

The carriers got dinged via deception from Microsoft/Nokia (which is no more) Why did it take so long to have Joe say what he said in his post? That is deception on Microsoft's part and not Verizon Wireless who stayed silent.

Trenton07
Enthusiast - Level 3

Gotta love how someone who doesn't own a WP spends his life on a WP forum talking about WP and how he couldn't care less if it gets the update. It is like the fat loud guest that never leaves.

primortal
Master - Level 1

I take those comments that people know people in Microsoft higher echelons said this and that with a grain of salt  I could easily have said that Nadella is my brother-in-law and I can say I truly know what's going on but I cannot say because if this and but VZW is an evil company and Microsoft has to deal with them.

If the comments about Microsoft blaming carriers or Joe specifically blaming VZW on Twitter, Microsoft Press Release or Facebook that I would taking it more seriously.

The fact is VZW stayed silent and that's their fault for letting this get out of control.  They can't even tell their tech support (twitter, live chat, phone or store) people what to communicate to customers on the subject.  It's either VZW has no plans releasing it, we have not information or no ETA and ask Microsoft when it will be released; priceless when VZW are the ones that sign off on the release.  Talk about mixed messages.

Not applicable

I can agree.

The fact is VZW stayed silent and that's their fault for letting this get out of control.  They can't even tell their tech support (twitter, live chat, phone or store) people what to communicate to customers on the subject.  It's either VZW has no plans releasing it, we have not information or no ETA and ask Microsoft when it will be released; priceless when VZW are the ones that sign off on the release.  Talk about mixed messages.

vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

Hold up people, no need for harsh comments.

I do think Elector understands the industry, but I am confused on why Elector is always quick to say Microsoft is falling short. Yes you can make assumption on the back and forth, but even if you take off the assumption that Verizon has let the OS sit on their desk all this time, I take it that "Joe's" comment about VZW caring about quality, sounds like Joe feels he is dealing with an overbearing and difficult carrier. I know you don't want Bananaware out in the market, but the OS is working with plenty of quality on the Dev Preview.

Not applicable

What I am basing on is the statements from many of the posters who claimed "Verizon was the culprit"

On many posts the carrier was blamed. However based on what "Joe" put out on Twitter, it would have been seen as incorrect this was a Verizon Wireless issue. (Outside of rejecting the updated OS)

If the update was buggy then the update would have been returned to the OS developer (Microsoft) and then as the other poster stated it would then have to go out for approval all over again. This to me sounds realistic.

Verizon was silent this is a fact, but why did Microsoft deflect the blame on Verizon wireless? Verizon was protecting its customers and network.

Why not say long ago that " Verizon rejected the update for what ever the reasons were, and we are working with Verizon to fix them"? They are now telling Windows Phone users what should have been said from the start.

B33
Legend

Yup for sure if they Verizon thinks there is any issues or it does not meet there Requirements,  they can keep on rejecting it, this not the first time this has happened. I seen it some time ago with another OS platform.

0 Likes
Johnpohl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep reminding myself to remember the GOAL - to get Verizon to support their products. Its not rumors I'm looking for but simply transparency. A simple answer from them , even if its one I don't like, would suffice. , I can't find any contacts or customer support e-mails with anyone who will actually give a straight answer, so if anyone can help get an answer it would be nice. The closest to an official source is from the Nokia web site which states that the WP 8.1 has been released to Verizon (The has been up since I believe June)

Lumia IconVerizon1028.3566.1417.0047Not applicableAvailableUnder testing

Please note that I have also made several calls as well as visited two "official" Verizon stores. as of 10/28/2014 they have No information on any discontinuation or role out of WP 8.1. Any help Verizon?

vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

Elector,

In your statement: "it would have been seen as incorrect this was a Verizon Wireless issue. (Outside of rejecting the updated OS)", you do a lot of hand waiving here as if this is just understood that it should never be a carrier's issue. I think this is where the fundamental difference is between how you view the situation and how other people view the situation. In other words, I am confused as why you do not even consider that Verizon Wireless may have not had a legit reason to reject the OS. To quote Joe: "MS/Verizon are working on some bug fixes-- VZW taking the quality seriously. We aren't sure how long it will take, but work is underway". The way I believe is the proper way to interpret Joe's quote, where he said that VZW is taking the quality seriously, is that VZW is requiring over-bearing constraints, not just non-functional requirements.