If I upgrade my phone before I'm do for an upgrade do I pay Extra?
RDV199

I really dont like my phone. I'm having freezing and slow problems constantly. Im not do for an upgrade till next year. If I go upgrade will it cost me extra? or just how does it work?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If I upgrade my phone before I'm do for an upgrade do I pay Extra?
rcschnoor
Legend

When you look at the online prices, you will see a 2yr contract price and full retail price. If you are not due for an upgrade, you will pay the full retail price which is somewhere from $300-$500 more than the contract price.

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

To avoid paying a lot of money, I think you can purchase an unlocked phone on e-Bay, or get a phone from someone, activate with VZW without renewing the contract and wait for the next year upgrade.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I really don't like like the fact that you aren't happy with your phone. Many times a phone freezes or is slow because of memory. What phone do you have? Did you clear out old texts or emails? You can also clear browser files that normally helps with freezing & slowness. You can also hard reset the phone to get it working normally again.
If you aren't eligible to upgrade at this point, you can pay retail price for the device of your choice.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes