If you have had At&t how is At&t's coverage?
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

Before I had the Nokia Lumia Icon I had a Galaxy S4. The Galaxy S4 would always drop calls at certain locations close to where I live. Within days of getting my Lumia Icon I was able to realize that my calls were not dropped at those locations. From that I have gained that your coverage is partially due to your phone as well as of course if a carrier has towers near you.

At&t has had the cyan update out for a while now and I haven't heard of any bad relationships between At&t and Microsoft like I have heard people stating about Verizon and Microsoft. So since At&t has the cyan update I am thinking of going to their network. So setting aside the fact that the phone plays a partial roll in coverage, for anyone who has had At&t recently how much worse or better was the coverage for you?

Thanks,

vzwenduser

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If you have had At&t how is At&t's coverage?
Tidbits
Legend

You should let people know what area you are in. You should also go to AT&T forums and ask there. I could go by my experiences but it wouldn't help you because coverage is different and based on location.

In Hawaii on all islands

1. Verizon(thanks to the GTE buyout)

2. AT&T (still poor in a lot of areas)

3. T-Mobile growing but very slowly.

4. Unless you live in Major areas on Oahu you will get 3G only and it barely breaks 20kbps in a lot of locations. That's slower than all the other carriers 2G networks.

So your area can be completely different.

Yes I have Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T service all at the same time. Had Sprint too but after the Nextel Merger they pissed of the company I work for. Since then we've refused to get service from them. Even more so since they retired WiMax and haven't rolled LTE here.

Not applicable

Tiny Bubbles in the wine, make me happy-make me feel fine

The other issue is the original poster if they port to AT&T will have to purchase a brand new windows phone on that carrier.

Then of course after they leave Verizon the update may come to the windows phone owners. Quite a chance and expense to leave.

But a person has to do what they have to do.

Don Ho

B33
Legend

All 3 services at the same time.!!!  Tidbits.. Cool I'm moving to your houseSmiley Happy  just kidding

And Big E I like ol Don Ho..

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

My job pays for 2 of them. Certain areas require a certain company because reception is needed and there are a few spots where AT&T has the service where Verizon doesn't even if they have the best overall.

The Nexus 6 I am going to be all over. 1 device for all carriers. Simply switching the Sim. Makes my life easier. I don't have to make sure all my devices have the same "content".

B33
Legend

That's a Good Job.!   I can kind just imagine as were your location is..

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I don't like it when I have to enter bunkers and caves...  No reception no matter which carrier.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Any answer anyone gives you will not be relevant to you. Even within your area the coverage would vary.

if you move  to at&t plan on getting an at&t version of the Icon? If not you might not get the update since the phone is a Verizon branded version.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I know that on the  Caves  when I went on trips with my dad,  I couldn't call my mom when went into the Caves around the KC area to load produce..

0 Likes
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

Yea, I am eyeing the Lumia 930. http://amzn.com/B00LND0AL2 I may have to take a slight hit from the ETF at Verizon, but it is almost coming down to principle. I may hold out, haven't made up my mind  yet.

0 Likes