International Lumia 920 compatible with Verizon?
robooneus

I am currently living in Berlin, Germany while I work here for a period of time and am anxious to have a smartphone rather than the dumbphone that I currently use here. I am a verizon customer back in the States, however, (my account is on pause) and would like whatever smartphone I buy here (which will be an unlocked, off-contract phone) to be able to be used with my Verizon account once I return to the States.

I very much want the Nokia Lumia 920 which I know is not being offered by Verizon, but I am completely unclear as to whether it would be able to function on Verizon's network due to frequency differences (verizon being CMDA). The lumia 920 website seems to list WCDMA as one of the bands the phone supports, but I know too little about this to know for sure.

So, would a Lumia 920 purchased in Germany (unlocked) work on Verizon's network?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: International Lumia 920 compatible with Verizon?
Not applicable

I seriously doubt it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It will work on AT&T or any other GSM carrier in the USA. It won't work on Verizon. There is no CDMA radio in that phone only GSM radios.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kc9pke
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're confusing WCDMA (which is actually 3G GSM, the naming of these cellular standards is a maelstrom of confusion) with Verizon's proprietary CDMA. Thus, it won't work on VZ.

Sorry mate Smiley Sad

0 Likes