Internet sharing on a 2 GB monthly plan.
Jazzman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the 928 with the standard 2 GB data plan per month. I average using around 800 mb per month. I recently purchased a WiFi only tablet and would like to use the standard plan as a hotspot for the tablet.

I called and was told by Verizon that I had to add an additional 2GB plan for $20 more per month. Why? I don't use my allotment each month and being able to use the rest as a hotspot would be perfect for me.

I would think other users have this same need. How about it Verizon. Why can't we use the plan we have as a hotspot?

You could always charge a monthly fee should I go over my 2 GB one month.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Internet sharing on a 2 GB monthly plan.
Julius
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have the Lumia 928 on Verizon, and I'm sharing internet (2GB Plan) with my laptop. I'm not on a MHS Plan. If your Lumia 928 is updated to Nokia's Black Update, you should be able to share your current data plan with your tablet at no extra charge.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Just switch to the More Everything plans. Hotspot is included.

0 Likes
Jazzman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do have Black and when I go to settings, internet sharing, it comes back and says this capability requires calling Verizon. See statement above that Verizon told me when I called. I must be missing something.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Jazzman, what plan are you on?  What's the name of it?

Some plans include tethering.  With some of the older plans,  you need to pay extra for tethering.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the convenience of using Mobile Hotspot Jazzman1! This feature is included in our current More Everything plans at no additional charge. It sounds like you may have an older add on data plan. The hotspot feature was not included with the 2GB add on plan for $30.00 per month. The information you were provided with by phone was correct. Take a look here for additional info on More Everything. http://vz.to/W24dla

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes