Internet sharing with Lumia 928 on new plan
shorttimer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

We were longtime Verizon customers and then we decided to go to smartphones. We didn't want to sign up for a new 2 year contract so we switched to T-Mobile. Now that they have no contract plans we are looking at going back to Verizon. We recently got 2 Verizon 928 Windows phones. If we go back we are looking at either the 6GB or 12GB plan and will be 2 phones. I have 2 questions:

1: With this new plan can I use the internet sharing feature with the Lumia 928. Works fine on T-Mobile. I have heard everything from yes and there is no charge as it is a new plan to it is $5, $10 and even $20/month extra charge.

2.: Our old Verizon phones never used SIM cards like T-Mobile does. But if I understand correctly that is required for the 4G data. One of the 928 phones is a prepaid phone and I used it a month or so while on vacation. I am assuming I can just put this on the postpaid plan as it has a SIM in it. As far as the other, it is a new unused Verizon 928 but there isn't a SIM card for it in the box, at least according to the box contents. So do I get one from Verizon and if so what is the charge or is it cheaper to get it some other place such as Amazon or eBay? Anything special to look for?

Thanks

I have to say we are pleased with T-Mobile but when we travel the coverage just isn't there.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internet sharing with Lumia 928 on new plan
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

For your first question, yes it does have internet sharing that uses data from your signed up data plan. With this device you will have to sign up with a data plan.

You will have to get the Sim Cards from Verizon once you sign up. The cards themselves don't cost, but you will have to pay to sign up. Use the switcher remorse option stated above and it should cover it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so happy to hear that you are wanting to join our family again. We can celebrate http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/switch-and-save/?intcmp=INT-SEA-NON-WB-switcher_remorse-... with $300.00. We would love to go over plans with you. contact us at 888-256-4646 so we can assist.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shorttimer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are not looking to trade in old phones and are not interested in any promotional to switch. Would just like answers to questions I posted in helping us decide whether we want to go back to Verizon

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

For your first question, yes it does have internet sharing that uses data from your signed up data plan. With this device you will have to sign up with a data plan.

You will have to get the Sim Cards from Verizon once you sign up. The cards themselves don't cost, but you will have to pay to sign up. Use the switcher remorse option stated above and it should cover it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Simply pick a plan and have the devices activated.  I would go to a corporate store just to avoid any confusions and pitfalls you might run into if you try to do all this online.  You'll just take the phones with you, get 2 plans and 2 SIM cards and should walk out with working service.

0 Likes
shorttimer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, as stated, we plan to get either the 6GB or 12GB data plan. So we can use that allotted data with internet sharing (hotspot) for no additional charge, correct?

Okay, so the SIM cards don't cost but what is the pay to sign up. I understand the cost of the plan. Are you referring to cost to activate our 2 phones?

0 Likes
shorttimer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, we plan to get it done at a Verizon store. Just wanted to make sure there is no additional monthly charge to use some of our data from our data plan to hotspot or internet sharing as sometimes this has been useful. We will go into the store either Fri/Sat to make the switch.

Thanks

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You pay the activation for the phones (usually about $35-45, sometimes free on promotion, but you stated you wanted no promo) and you pay the partial month of service to start with or you see that first month on your next bill which is always higher because of activations, tax, fees, and partial months since most people do not start service on the day that the bill cycle begins or ends.

0 Likes
shorttimer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, we're not interested in any promo as it is $$$ off to buy a phone from them and we already have Verizon Windows phones which we like. I just want to take them in, and start service with them, have them activate our phones we supply and have our numbers ported over. Thanks for all the help.