Re: Is The Nokia Lumia 920 Coming to Verizon????
J_B
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't agree more. I have unlimited data with Verizon and I'm still considering switching to AT&T to get the 920. Hope you're listening Verizon!!

ChiTownkidz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am headed to ATT if Verizon goes one more month without announcing partnership with Nokia. I might stick around for 820, but after making me wait a year, the 920 keeps my business. I have been with verizon for 11 years and this is worst line-up of phones I have seen. Razors are a joke, and I am no Isheep. Verizon should listen and bring Nokia in. The HTC and Samsung versions are cheap knock offs of Nokia 920.

hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

ChiTownKidz - Verizon announced a partnership with Nokia some time last week or the week before (I don't remember which).  Also, on 9/6 (the day after the Nokia announcement) there was a screenshot of Verizon's inventory system leaked, shown on WPCentral (and others) showing that the Lumia 820 would be released (branded as the 822), though we don't have a date yet.  There are rumors that seem to be coming from reliable sources saying that the 920 will be coming, as well, but there have been no screenshots to accompany those leaks, though like I said, the sources at this point seem to be reliable ones.  That's as much as we can get for now.  But from the looks of it, your concern for having Nokia is alleviated, and your need for at least an 820 is as well.  The 920 seems likely, but not a guarantee at this point.  Let's hope.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
ChiTownkidz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hopmedic,

Much appreciated news, but I don't recall anything official with dates and pricing. I am fine if Verizon says I have to wait until Nov or Dec, but they need to hammer out a deal and make it public, not whispers from blog sites. I know Nokia is equally guilty on the delay. Verizon has a weak commitment to Windows as they push more android devices and never mention windows.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

There hasn't been anything official on anything, other than that they have an agreement with Nokia.  That's just how Verizon rolls.  They're not going to tell us anything until the last minute.  I told their executive admin whatever she was that I talked to last week, that from the perspective of a consumer, I want to know what's coming.  I saw the iPhone advertised a month in advance.  I have seen Androids advertised a month in advance.  But last year, even two weeks in advance, when I jumped ship over to ATT, because I was tired of waiting on VZW, there was no word on Trophy's release, even though I knew in November the prior year that it was going to come to Verizon.  I told her that as a consumer, I want to know what's coming, so that I can plan, and if I see that what I want is coming, I might choose to wait for it rather than jump to ATT, since I already know that is the phone I want.  Her canned response, which is what I knew I would get, is that they consider it to be proprietary information, but she appreciates my perspective, and she will pass my perspective along, and they do take our information into consideration for the future.  This is why I encourage people to go to the contact pages for the VZW executives.  But other than the fact that there is an agreement, nothing official has been announced, and nothing will be until maybe a week or two prior to a release.

Over the weekend, though, MS did announce that WP8 is RTM, and has been shipped to the OEMs, so this means that the rumors of the WP team being behind schedule are false.  This is good for us!

0 Likes
JR6824
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am thinking that I only want the 920 and that the 820 just isn't good enough. Verizon has been dragging their feet with windows phones and they need to come out strong. If AT&T gets it first and there isn't news from verizon then i will become a happy, loyal AT&T customer. The 920 is what i want and is what i will get.

hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

A couple things to consider...

• According to the specs on Nokia's site, both phones share identical specs on the radios (same frequencies, same bands, etc.)
  • While both list WCDMA, neither lists CDMA.  Verizon uses CDMA, and CDMA is not the same as WCDMA.
  • Leaked VZW Screenshot shows 822 suggests possibly modified 820?
    • Could the modification be the radio for CDMA?
  • Unfortunately, there is no such leaked screenshot for a 922 Smiley Sad
    • There is, though, a leak from PhoneArena
    • How reliable is that leak?
      • let's hope it is right
  • Since we know that there is a relationship formed between Nokia and Verizon, we therefore know that there WILL be at LEAST one Nokia Verizon phone. 
    • We have a strong likelihood thanks to leaked screenshot that there will be an 822
    • We have a rumor of a 920, but we don't know how reliable that is
      • Since the specs of both phones' radios are the same, it seems logical that it would be just as simple to change one as to change the other
        • Could this mean we will get both?
        • At this point, only time will tell, since Verizon is so anti-consumer (did I say that?) tight-lipped on the subject of non-Apple and non-Android items.

Just trying to put out a summary of what we do know, and what we can piece together logically on the possibility of a 920/922 device coming to Verizon

0 Likes
nni384
Enthusiast - Level 1

I swear to God I will throw money at Verizon just to get the 920...or I switch to At&T.  I hate how Verizon doesn't get the good windows phones.

hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

We're getting closer, and still no official word.  As usual, Verizon is silent because this is not an Apple or Android product.  Therefore, they feel that they must take the anti-consumer tight-lipped stance that this information is proprietary.  Unfortunately, all of the usual channels are still all referring to the same single source for the latest information - that phone-arena source - for the latest declaration that Verizon will be carrying the 920.  I, for one, would feel a lot more secure if there were at least one more source besides that one (other than the original one that I really wasn't all that confident in) which stated that the 920 would be coming to Big Red.  Even the Nokia-themed blogs like MyNokiaBlog and Nokia Innovation refer back to the same information.

Verizon, Why is it that you feel that you need to handle your Fruit-loving, woolen-clad customers with the lint-free, cloth gloves, and those who like robots that track their every move you make announcements as to what is coming, but for those of us who enjoy ease of use, revolutionary devices, and information security, you think we should be kept in the dark and don't think we'll jump over to Big Blue to get what we want, which has already been announced there???  Do you have no business sense at all?

kolzie
Enthusiast - Level 2

The 920 has some great features, I want it, and would like to stay with Verizon to get it,  BUT I will go to AT&T if I have to in order to get this phone!  Come on Verizon, come clean and let us know so we can do what we want to or have to do!

TK