Re: Is it worth waiting for 8.1? Should I just give up and DL dev preview? (Lumia Icon)
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

I called Verizon tech support and I was told by a Verizon rep that it does not void the warranty. I had them note this on my account for extra assurance. Either way, if there is any issue with upgrading or warranty support you can always flash back to the original OS by tethering to a computer and running Nokia's software.

I am running the Preview for Developers and I am satisfied enough for now because I have Cortana, the notification menu pull down menu, and home screen background photo. These are three huge reasons to have the update. I noticed that some features are unavailable, such as audio equalizer and enhancements, that I assume cyan firmware update will provide the device drivers for. I also noticed that there is a slight delay to wake the device from sleep when pressing the power button again I think this is due to not having the Lumia cyan firmware update as I am currently on Lumia Black.

P.S. After asking if the Dev Preview voided the warranty the tech coach willingly offered information in the form of saying that the update is supposed to be her soon...which is a lot a different than what I have been hearing from Verizon reps. Although this doesn't mean anything concrete, I think it means there is a lot more buz going on in the support centers about the Windows update right now.

0 Likes