Is my phone toast? Nokia 928 screen froze and won't respond to input.
Ag_Consultant

My 928 froze today. All that would happen is hit the power button and the home screen would appear but could not slide it up.  Hold the power button and the slide screen down to turn off would appear but could not slide it down.  Hit power but and then hold the camera button and the camera would turn on and take pictures with the botton but could not get any of the "buttons" to work on the touch screen.  Being unable to do anything with the phone I did the hard reset and all I have is spinning gears.  The gears have been spinning for like 1.5 hours so far.  What should I do now?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is my phone toast? Nokia 928 screen froze and won't respond to input.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for bringing this matter to the community, Ag_Consultant! I've only seen this happen with on of my previous devices. Though you've done some great troubleshooting, it may be time to consider replacement options. I realize that this matter was posted 2 days ago, but is this still going on? If so, please use this link

https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613  to get instructions for following my handle and sending me a personal message so that we can go over your full range of options. Thanks!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
aphrophyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

By any chance, do you have the Nokia Glance lock screen functionality enabled? I've encountered this issue numerous times and reported it to Nokia Care US on Twitter. You should do the same.

The suggested solution by their team was to temporarily disable Glance and report back to them with my findings. Well, when I disabled Glance I no longer experienced this issue.

My best bet to you is to disable Glance until they fix this issue, as its very annoying to be forced to SOFT RESET your phone every time this happens, because it does happen frequently.

[EDIT]

To VZW customer support, it's not a hardware issue.

0 Likes
SYKOgirl85

Did you mean to say a soft reset? Holding down the power button and bottom volume button simultaneously until it vibrates?

0 Likes