Is the Nokia Lumia Icon retired? It appears it is no longer for sale on the website. 8 month old windows 8.1 ready phone and it pulled from sale??????
WPForever

Has Verizon retired the 8 month old Lumia Icon?  This is the highend windows phone for the carrier.   It windows 8.1 ready.  ?????  WTF

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is the Nokia Lumia Icon retired? It appears it is no longer for sale on the website. 8 month old windows 8.1 ready phone and it pulled from sale??????
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They might exhausted their online inventory or EOL for that phone. The phone might be ready for Windows 8.1, but I don't think the update has released for the device yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Is the Nokia Lumia Icon retired?  It appears it is no longer for sale on the website.  8 month old windows 8.1 ready phone and it pulled from sale??????
NancyAnnL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, Verizon retired the Icon but supposedly still has some inventory. You can currently buy it on Verizon contract for $99 through Amazon.

0 Likes
Re: Is the Nokia Lumia Icon retired?  It appears it is no longer for sale on the website.  8 month old windows 8.1 ready phone and it pulled from sale??????
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That would be Amazon's inventory not Verizon's.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Is the Nokia Lumia Icon retired? It appears it is no longer for sale on the website. 8 month old windows 8.1 ready phone and it pulled from sale??????
NancyAnnL
Enthusiast - Level 2

At least some of the Verizon corporate stores still have Icons to sell for $99.99. I know- I was just at one.

Amazon's stock still works for Verizon customers looking to buy one on contract at the same price they could have purchased it online from VerizonWireless.com. or in a corporate store ($99.99). Hence, my previous mention of Amazon. I am aware that Amazon's stock belongs to Amazon.

0 Likes
photoloco

Whatever happened to customers having a choice?  I hope they will have a new WP flagship soon.

I am using an iPhone now, but haven't drunk the cool aid.  My contract is up next month, and I might still buy this phone.  I am really hoping, though, that a new flagship really is comming, but I just don't believe that.

As a recovering HTC Thunderbolt user, I still have a bone to pick with HTC.  Beautiful as the One M8 for Windows may be, the camera still sucks and I don't trust HTC.

Give me a Lumia Icon with a Snapdragon 805 chipset, 64GB of storage, SD card interface, and I will be a happy camper.

0 Likes
NancyAnnL
Enthusiast - Level 2

If i had to guess (and it's just a guess), I'd say there will be no new flagship Windows phone at Verizon until possibly Windows 10. The Lumia Icon is still an impressive phone.

Don't know if everyone knows this, but if your contract is up on Nov.15th or earlier, you can upgrade now- a little incentive from Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Lumia Icon has only a 32 GB memory space and no SD card. As much as I detest Apple products, I would rather use an iPhone than the Lumia Icon without the Windows 8.1 Cyan update. Once the Icon has the update, I might take a fresh look at the Windows phone and the Icon in particular.

0 Likes