Is there an elegant way to go from Android to Win8? (contacts, etc)
chris_k1
Enthusiast - Level 3

One thing I like about Android is that when you go from one Android phone to another, you don't have to worry about transferring over contacts, account settings, etc.  It's all OTA goodness.

I'm very seriously considering going from Android to Win8 (although sadly it appears the 920 wont be available for months, and I want to upgrade out of my HTC TB as quickly as soon as I'm eligible for a discount in Feb).  Is there a fairly easy, elegant way to make the move in a similar way?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there an elegant way to go from Android to Win8? (contacts, etc)
primortal
Master - Level 1
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I second what primortal posted, specifically the first set of instructions for adding your Google account. It populated my contacts and calendar without a problem.

I activated a Trophy yesterday that I picked up cheap off contract, as WP was the only smartphone platform I hadn't tried (I've been using an Android device as my daily driver for about a year and a half). As it turns out, I love WP so far! It's fast, smooth, fun and very personal. I love the live tiles -- between the vivid colors and the way it shuffles through my favorite photos, it's serious eye candy. It's different than anything else out there and definitely worth a look.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Additionally, if you buy a Nokia, Nokia has an app that will help that is one of their exclusive apps in the Windows Phone Store.  I haven't used it, as I didn't come from another platform, so I don't know how it works, but just letting you know it's there.

0 Likes