Issues with Lumia 928
mporter213

I got my new phone in June. I have had nothing but problems lately. Approximately a month ago it started acting crazy. It would dial people while I was on the phone talking to someone else. It randomly hangs up, it beeps while I'm talking, the list goes on and on. At one point I had the gear thing like other people have had. Took me two days to go through the reset process. Lost all my apps (which I am slowly reinstalling). This week it has started again. I was talking to my daughter when I was notified that I was calling Verizon and making a conference call. If I have the phone up to my ear, it will dial while I'm talking. Sometimes it freezes, and it randomly switches screens so I am unable to end a call. What can be done? I think what is supposed to be a new phone should last more than 3 months with no issues. The more I read, the more I find others are having similar issues. Is this a software thing? Is there any kind of fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with Lumia 928
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You said you are reinstalling apps - and this week things started acting weird again... was it soon after you installed a particular app?  I'm not saying it IS a bad app - but it's a possibility to look at.

I hear email and text notifications ("beeps") while on the phone, faintly, in the background, but there.  I have not had the phone dial on its own, or randomly switch screens on me.  On the whole, it's a very solid device in my experience.  What you describe is not what I have experienced at all.

Did you get the Amber update?  What are your network settings? What are some of the apps you have installed?

0 Likes
mporter213

Actually it went really nutty after I posted this. I was on a phone call regarding a potential job when it decided to conference me into Verizon and then it just ended the call. I had to call the person back and it did it again so I called Verizon technical support and they have determined that I need a new phone. Not sure about any Amber update -- it decided to do what Verizon calls a soft reset (the little gears spinning) that took two days to get out of but whatever happened then didn't fix the issues. I'll be curious to see how the new phone works.

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Please post back your results after you get your other phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear mporter213,

Good afternoon. I am sorry to learn of all the difficulites you have been experiencing with your phone. I understand how frustrating that can be.

I  understand you have reset your phone. Did you process a mater reset on the device, which will wipe your phone clean and take back to factory settings. To do a factory reset click http://vz.to/18LX36I When did you purchase your phone? Do you have any physical or water damage to your phone?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
mporter213

Yes, Michelle, I did do the factory reset. If you read the posts above, that did not fix anything. Verizon is sending me a new phone. I will let everyone knows how that goes once I've had a chance to use it for a while.

Thanks.

0 Likes
mporter213

So I got my "new" replacement phone from Verizon. It has been just over a week and the phone is once again starting to have issues. Freezing up, not rebooting, cutting off calls or dialing random phone numbers while I am another call. Took 2 hours this morning to get it to reboot. Contacted Verizon where I was told that I would have to have it replaced a total of 3 times before they would let me switch phones (I'm sure at my expense) -- lesson learned. Will NEVER buy another windows 8 phone and most likely will stop doing business with Verizon after this contract ends. I have been with them for many, many years and am finally realizing how much they value their customers.

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Wow, that's crazy and hard to believe, never the less sorry to hear that you are still having problems. But it is not Windows Phone 8 OS, its your phone. Too bad your experience has caused you to reach your conclusion. But then again I haven't experienced what you have, so it is easy for me to say I still love mine. Hope it gets resolved for you one way or another.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to love your Lumia 928 mporter! The performance you have described is not typical for this reliable device. Please be assured your manufacturer warranty covers the device for one year. If it is determine it needs to be replaced again, there is no charge as long as the device doesn't have liquid or physical damage. I would recommend a hard reset first.

http://tiny.cc/s8dh4w

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes