July 2014 update from HTC breaks WiFi
mwmcclure

My wife and I received an update from HTC via VZW OTA and now neither phone will connect to the home Wifi. It doesn't connect to the WiFi at work and I'm seeing a lot of complaints on various forums about the update causing problems with WiFi for the 8x.

What was this update supposed to do and when will this issue be resolved?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: July 2014 update from HTC breaks WiFi
Not applicable

That is something to ask HTC. The update is a Google and HTC update.

Good Luck

mwmcclure

Nonsense. Verizon delivered this update and they own the support. I'm on the line with HTC now but I expect Verizon to be engaged in the solution as well.

I'm dubious of your reply since you suggest that the update has ANYTHING to do with Google on a Windows phone and because you don't cite your reference. Thanks for your opinion.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Oops, I am so use to replying to android I just replied.

In any case Verizon may push it out for the maker of the device HTC be it androids or windows. The code did not come from Verizon.

Lets have HTC tell you the code was from Verizon.

The support is under the manufacturers warranty minus any water or physical damage.

Its just like customers yelling about updates to apple devices when Verizon does nothing to push them out. They cannot win.

Again Good Luck

Not applicable

Windows Phone 8 update history | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Again my apologies. This is a Windows update. Microsoft in conjunction with the phone manufacturers.