LG EXTAVERT RESIZING PICTURES
carebear016

I would like to know if Verizon is doing anything to fix the problem with the pictures resizing when sent they are so small that no one else can see them. I contacted LG and they said they are not even aware of this problem how is that possible?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG EXTAVERT RESIZING PICTURES
manumoka

i'm with you, and can assure lg that this will be the last phone of theirs i buy if they do not fix this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

carebear016,

I understand how inconvenient this may be and want to help get this resolved.

A fix for this issue was included the most recent software update http://bit.ly/LArcfk. Please Update the software on your device and retest.

Let me know if you continue to experience this issue after updating the software and I'll be more than happy to further assist you.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
manumoka

I cannot update the software: “server unavailable.” This is the most user-unfriendly device I’ve ever used.

<Personal information removed per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
camerakid92

Hey! I figured how how to bypass that problem. Go to the photo you want to send, then click "edit". Save it as is...don't do anything. It will copy the photo and resize it to 640x480. Then, you can send it Smiley Happy Or, just take the photos in the "640x480" resolution. I noticed the Extravert can send photos 640x480 so it isn't the size of a crumb! Hope that helps.

0 Likes
manumoka

thanks camerakid. that worked...but of course it totally defeats the purpose of having a large sized file: my photo was 312 kb on the phone, but at 640 x 480 it ended up being 61kb; a very slight improvement. i cannot recommend this phone for photos.

0 Likes
carebear016

Just thought I would let everyone know that they finally fixed the phone!!! Here is how to fix it

go to www.lg.com

click mobile

click  drivers & Downloads

click software update

click cell phones

click verizon phone

click LGVN271

Follow all download instructions

then after all that is complete make sure everything on your phone is backed up you want to keep. then follow these steps

This procedure will erase all user data not stored on the memory card and restore the handset to the original factory settings.

1. From the main screen, select Menu.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Phone Settings.
  4. Select Security.
    Note If prompted, Select OK.
  5. Enter the Security Code (default is the last 4 digits of the phone number).
  6. Select Restore Phone.
  7. Select OK.
  8. Enter the Security Code (default is the last 4 digits of the phone number).

This will fix the problem alot of messing around but better than having to buy a new phone!

0 Likes