LG Fathom won't connect to 3g
pizzaboy192

Here's the problem: I've had multiple issues with the LG Fathom in the past few days, so I followed what VZW Support said that I should do a hard reset. I did it and I haven't been able to connect to 3G...  I did a second reset and still nothing (And After every reset I do a *228 and activate it)

I can get texts and calls just fine, but it won't connect to 3G at all. I have another WIndows Mobile Phone (Touch Pro 2) and it has no issues at all connecting.

I'm really upset that this has happened. I've decided that it wasn't worth the hard reset because nothing has gotten fixed and everything has gotten worse. I'm hoping someone somewhere can tip me off about why it's not working, or what I can do to fix it.

Is it possible that VZW is working on a tower in the area? Is there any way to check?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Fathom won't connect to 3g
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for your responses.

After several master resets and not fixed. Please call 800-922-0204 option 3 for technical support to check the area and device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

pizzaboy192 wrote:

Here's the problem: I've had multiple issues with the LG Fathom in the past few days, so I followed what VZW Support said that I should do a hard reset. I did it and I haven't been able to connect to 3G...  I did a second reset and still nothing (And After every reset I do a *228 and activate it)

I can get texts and calls just fine, but it won't connect to 3G at all. I have another WIndows Mobile Phone (Touch Pro 2) and it has no issues at all connecting.

I'm really upset that this has happened. I've decided that it wasn't worth the hard reset because nothing has gotten fixed and everything has gotten worse. I'm hoping someone somewhere can tip me off about why it's not working, or what I can do to fix it.

Is it possible that VZW is working on a tower in the area? Is there any way to check?

Do a *228 and try hitting option 2 - update roaming capabilities.  When I activated my trophy, I had no data and tried this before calling customer service, and it worked, in my case at least.

0 Likes
pizzaboy192

Tried that too, nothing is fixed...

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry, that's the only idea I have...  I'd suggest a call to tech support.

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for your responses.

After several master resets and not fixed. Please call 800-922-0204 option 3 for technical support to check the area and device.

0 Likes