Laptop does not recognize Exalt phone.
plamerama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an Exalt vn360, and my laptop will not recognize it.  I have followed the instructions here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83899/  and it seems I am missing the "LGE CDMA Composite USB device".  Where can I find it?  I have googled it, and haven't found a clear answer- I don't want to download a bunch of things from sites I'm not sure of.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Laptop does not recognize Exalt phone.
Snn5
Legend

Also saw this: 

Put your LG Exalt VN360 into USB Mode (1st: Tools & settings...9 USB Mode...= Mass storage, 2nd: Tools & settings...3. Tools... USB Mass Storage). Connect via usb cable and PC should see memory in phone as usb mass storage device and/or as additional drive connected.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
plamerama
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the response.

I did download that driver and install it- my laptop still will not recognize my phone.  (And I have tried restarting the computer.)

Snn5
Legend

If you are trying to get pics or other info from the phone, move those to the SD card and then plug that card into a computer, adapter for card may be required.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Also saw this: 

Put your LG Exalt VN360 into USB Mode (1st: Tools & settings...9 USB Mode...= Mass storage, 2nd: Tools & settings...3. Tools... USB Mass Storage). Connect via usb cable and PC should see memory in phone as usb mass storage device and/or as additional drive connected.

plamerama
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks again for those responses.

After putting the phone into 'mass storage' usb mode, my computer recognized it.

The primary reason I want my laptop to interact with my phone is so that I can import music/create playlists.  While I got the windows media player to recognize the phone as a device to sync to- I am unable to organize the music files.  The playlists did not import with the sync, only the single mp3s- and they're listed out of order (they're listed according to track #, instead of being listed according to album first- so all the track 1s are first, then track 2s, etc).  The whole reason I was trying to get the windows media player to recognize my phone is so that I could organize the music instead of just having a big pile of single tracks to listen to.

In short- the laptop now recognizes my phone, but I can not organize the music.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Glad that answered part of the question at least.  There will be limitations to a more basic phone in terms of what you can do with it, but Im glad you got it to at least be recognized by the PC.