Lg Env touch was downloading update when aborted - now not functioning
rwk
Enthusiast - Level 2

During software update, LG env touch phone was flipped closed, causing the update to fail and now phone is not functioning.   Will not complete power-up self-test; just cycles starting the test and failing, and repeats this indefinitely.  Can Verizon restore the phone if I take it in?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lg Env touch was downloading update when aborted - now not functioning
Snn5
Legend

If you can get into the phone at all you might try this reset yourself.

Bidallies How to: Hard Reset LG enV Touch - YouTube

0 Likes
rwk
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, like I said, it won't complete the power-up, so of course I can't "get into the Phone at all".   All the suggestions about doing resets via the menus, therefore, absolutely are not solutions.  But thanks anyway for replying.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

All I know to recommend is to go to a Verizon Corporate store and find out if they still have any cables to reset the phone with.  I bet anything you are told to buy a new phone and that is the extent of the conversation they have with you.  I never had any of my flip phones or feature phones upgrade when I owned one.  I reset them many times, but never had one stuck on a boot/test loop.

0 Likes
rwk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, Snn5, and you were exactly right.    The Verizon store no longer has cables and they do not do any sort of firmware loads.   The store called the Verizon central service facility for help, but they confirmed that there is no way to bring back a "bricked" phone, and yes I would have to buy a new phone.  

Well, I bet there is still a way to erase the firmware memory and reload it, like the initial way the factory loads it when it is assembled with blank memory.  I guess I now have nothing to lose by opening up the phone and looking at the main logic board.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Glad I could help Smiley Happy  However, I might try to find another way without taking the thing apart.

0 Likes