List of Cellphones that doesn't require Data plans? Past/Present? Recommendations?
vvilliamm

Im looking at the current selection of phones.. and it only seems like the lg cosmos or the samsung haven that looks good. Im thinking of buying another phone later on thats slightly better than the ones currently being offered does anyone know any good phones that doenst reqiure data plans? Im looking to buy one from ebay or something lol. sigh too bad all the blackberry's reqiure data =/ the good old blackberry pearl was pretty good.

Thank you.

hmm

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Cell-Phone-General-Devices/discontinued-phones-with-qwerty/td-p/175408/p...

according to this thread.. does that mean the blackberry 8330 qualifys?

would also the 

Blackberry Pearl 8130 < work? suppoely this phone was released back in 2007

some one also said.. the blackberry tour worked also without the data plan is that true?

im really interested in the Samsung Omnia < sigh nvm.. would of been awesome if i could i would even do it now

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1610328-Definitive-list-smartphones-that-do-do-not-requir... any good phones on this list?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: List of Cellphones that doesn't require Data plans? Past/Present? Recommendations?
le34ah56
Enthusiast - Level 1

would the palm treo 700w need a data plan?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: List of Cellphones that doesn't require Data plans? Past/Present? Recommendations?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

All Blackberry phones, regardless of release date, require a data plan.

And when you say "any good phones on the list?" - well, you need to define good.  What features, specifically are you looking for?  You said the Cosmos and the Haven "look good" also, and to me, they are very different phones.  (Full qwerty keyboard, slider, vs a simple flip style phone)

All of us have our own definition of a decent phone, based on our needs and wants.  Giving recommendations without knowing that information is difficult.

0 Likes
vvilliamm

I guess what im really looking for is a phone with style and the looks of the blackberry's and/or a phone with great outstanding features like the samsung omina. If the samsung omnia was just released before nov 2008 it would of been perfect. It has the style, looks, and features. I guess im mostly looking for phones which was kinda of a hit or was on high demand at one time or another. 

Hmm do you know if the LG dare and

the  LG VX8550 (Chocolate)

reqiures a data plan? i think these two phones looks pretty nice and was pretty popular in the past.

0 Likes
le34ah56
Enthusiast - Level 1

would the palm treo 700w need a data plan?

0 Likes
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

I would like to thank all of the community members for your replies.  The Palm Treo 700w does not require a data plan.   You wil have the option of adding a $29.99 or higher data Plan.  

0 Likes
Cutter932

Hello,

I wanted an update to this thread, a more recent answer, as to whether the LG Dare needed a $9.99 or above Data Plan? I might be coming into possession of the Dare and my current Samsung is started to break down a bit. I didn't want to try activating the phone or spending money on a Dare, if it required a plan...

Assistance, please?

0 Likes
NYCellPhoneUser

Hello, Does that also include the Palm Treo 700p?

0 Likes