Local Scout
Brian_Lessard
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Nokia 822 with Windows Phone 8, I don't seem to have a favorites button in my Local Scout App. From other how-to's on the web this feature seems to be there with window phone 7.5 and other Nokia phones. Am I missing something, did they remove it in this later release?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Local Scout
Brian_Lessard
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to Nokia tech support Bing Maps and Local Scout does not have a favorite places functions, only Nokia Maps does. That there is no way of changing what map opens when you select an address and according to them the feature works as intended, and they are not planning on updating.

This seems to be a change added by Nokia because Bing Maps and Local Scout have a favorites button on the HTC 8x.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jana8899

Make sure your your location is turned on under settings>applications>search.

0 Likes
Brian_Lessard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Location setting are on.  I actually spoke with VW tech support and since this is a new device for them they were tinkering with the same model on their end and couldn't find a solution so they sent me to Nokia Tech support (I am awaiting a call back from them). The bigger but related problem is that there is a bug in the mapping software; anytime you select an address (in contacts, in an email, or in local scout) it defaults to Bing Maps, which isn't technically on the phone, and doesn't have a favorites function.

0 Likes
Brian_Lessard
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to Nokia tech support Bing Maps and Local Scout does not have a favorite places functions, only Nokia Maps does. That there is no way of changing what map opens when you select an address and according to them the feature works as intended, and they are not planning on updating.

This seems to be a change added by Nokia because Bing Maps and Local Scout have a favorites button on the HTC 8x.

0 Likes