Lumia 735 Not Recieving Text Alerts
webkennection

I recently switch from another carrier - about 2 weeks ago.  I have my credit cards and other accounts set up to sent text alerts for any activity.  Since switching to Verizon, I do not receive text alerts.  Checked with AMEX and their technicians on their end said they can query my number and it looks good.  Sent me a text message and I did not receive.  They said the problem is with Verizon and after looking at all the other people having problems with Verizon text messaging. I am going to have to switch back to my old carrier.  I have 3 days before my 14 day return period is up with Verizon so if anyone has an answer, I would appreciate it.  I cannot see paying Verizon a higher fee for the less services than my old carrier.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lumia 735 Not Recieving Text Alerts
webkennection

Just confirmed AMEX can receive text messages from me and when they send from their end, no errors and shows message successful.  I do not get the message so it is something with Verizon messaging

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not to worry, webkennection! We'll find out why you are not getting these messages. Are you using the Verizon Messages app, or the standard app on the phone?

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
webkennection

The number I am using was ported from my old carrier.  I am using the standard messaging that comes with Windows Phones. 

I got two phones when I switched to Verizon - both Windows OS -- Lumia 735 and LG Lancet .  The phone I am using (Lumia) has the number ported from my old carrier.  If I switch the AMEX alerts to the other phone with a newly assigned number, I get alerts.

AMEX is getting texts from me, I am just not receiving them from AMEX.  When talking with AMEX, they tested by sending me a text with delivery confirmation and they received delivery confirmation even though I did not receive the text.   So I would think it is a problem with porting the old number or the settings on the Lumia 735.  After resetting the phone, turning off text alerts on all my account, and then reentering my phone number on all my accounts, I now get some text alerts but not from AMEX or VISA. 

I tested sending text from email and it was received and I seem to be getting texts from other phones. 

I reset the phone twice and restored everything and still could not get all the text alerts to work.  I am now getting ready to put Windows 10 on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Webkennection, I understand wanting to get those alerts. I receive bank alerts from my bank that is very important. Please let us know how the alerts work after you have installed Windows 10 on the phone.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
webkennection

I upgraded phone to Windows 10 Build 10581 and have everything working except alerts from American Express.  I suspect it is from the porting of my number.  On one of my other accounts (not AMEX) the company was able to tell me the message was going to TMobile SMS.  Once that was changed to Verizon, it worked.  We haven't figured out how to get AMEX alerts to work so if you have any ideas, please, by all means, pass them on.

0 Likes