Re: Lumia 735 Windows 10 Update Thread
Tidbits
Legend

To top it off Verizon has to give Microsoft all the keys and software to make sure things like VoLTE and XLTE and such work.

So to say Microsoft is doing it because they are not allowing them to support their own products is fallacy because if they wanted to they can cut all relationships and roll out devices without them interfering with updates.

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

From my reading Windows 10 will be covered under Block C rules.  Verizon by delaying the roll out is taking advantage of the situation.  Microsoft is replying their way.  Sure it hurts them but old OS's and phones promised to have upgrades that aren't allowed by a company in the middle hurts them more.  Why would they want that kind of pain?  They are taking enough of a hit because they promised to upgrade all the Windows 8.1 phones to 10 and for whatever reason can't or won't.  I have not checked recently but I think my old Lumia 822 has been dropped.  I put it on the Insider Program Fast Ring and it works good but I don't have it attached to Verizon anymore as a cell phone.  Updates are no longer under Verizon's thumb.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Microsoft "let's punish Verizon for not letting us support our products, and not make a CDMA phone." That punishes their diehard fans more than Verizon. But if they really wanted to punish big bad Verizon is to take advantage of block C and force Verizon to accept them and at the same time let their customers have a device they want and get the support they expect from Microsoft.

Motorola did it, Google did it, Apple did it, and why can't Microsoft do it?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No it isn't covered by block C rules, because of contractual agreement and Microsoft agreed to the testing. If Microsoft just made their own device like the 950 and made it work then it would be protected by block C rules. The FCC already weighed in on this.

0 Likes
CVWJ

I've been with Verizon for over 20 years I think, ever since 360 Communications.  I'm in the same boat.  March is gone, April is looming but still no Windows Mobile 10 for my Lumia 735.  I love my phone but I grow weary of waiting.  My wife has an Apple 6 on Verizon and, of course, the updates come to the phone like the tide ebbs and flows.

Sad affair to say the least.  Again we're pawns

0 Likes
CVWJ

I totally concur with your well crafted letter response.  I'm a loyal Verizon customer and have been since 360 Communication, however I'm disappointed as well with the lack of support for Windows based phones.  I like Windows phones because they're oriented more towards power users and business environment and less on game apps and that sort of environment.  My wife's Apple 6 on Verizon updates like clockwork and it is frustrating.  Being the largest carrier, Verizon could move light years ahead if they'd get behind Microsoft and push the Windows Mobile 10 platform

CVWJ

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

VZW may have the best network but it's dedication to supporting devices on the worlds best network is subpar besides the iPhone.  They should split off the device business to someone else who can actual support and manage the devices properly.

0 Likes
groadyho
Enthusiast - Level 3

gsm + unlocked phone > anything Verizon can do or offer.

0 Likes
WindowsFan1992
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have talked with both Verizon and Microsoft at this moment it seems to be that they are both blaming each other. However they also say that they are working on it. It seems as if both Verizon and Microsoft are acting like children and we are getting caught in the crossfire.

0 Likes
zock01
Enthusiast - Level 3

While I don't recommend where I am as a guinea pig on a journey to the July Update, I do recommend switching to the production version for Windows 10 Mobile.  I did not follow the proper steps so I would love to see a video made on how to do this right from the Windows Insider Program.  Is windows 10 Redstone 14295.1000 perfect yet no, but I love it so far and you will be able to get it in July if you follow a proper upgrade to the production version 10586.164 carefully.  Even step by step with cautions would be good.  I love the screen dumps to reinforce.  Someone who knows how safe please help them.

0 Likes