Lumia 822-Denim update, good or bad?
Prime_Reclaimer

I downloaded the long awaited windows 8.1 to my lumia 822 this morning but found that it has taken away my ability to take, view, and send pictures. I'm guessing that this is a bug but I'm not sure. Has anyone else had better luck?Lu

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lumia 822-Denim update, good or bad?
Peter_T
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which camera app are you trying to use your updated Lumia 822?

0 Likes
rockman20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same issue. Along with some other oddities that showed up. I know that it is not what most people want to hear, but I ended up having to reset the phone back to factory and rebuilding it from the ground up. I did not let it restore any of my previous settings. (It may have been fine, but I didn't want to take the risk)

This is work, but remember you are loading a new OS onto a device that was out before the OS was so there may be some work and tweaking that needs to be done to make it work.

0 Likes
Alexvrb
Contributor - Level 1

I never had any issues with the update here, thankfully. Everything worked exactly as before after a lengthy and uninterrupted update process. I had a little over 2GB free when I installed the update and my phone was plugged in the whole time just to be on the safe side. Working great!

Thanks Verizon, MS and Merry Christmas everybody!

0 Likes
Peter_T
Enthusiast - Level 3

So far my Lumia 822 is working fine with the update.  I've even noticed some slight but delectable performance improvements with a number of my apps including the Facebook and Yelp apps.  They feel more responsive than just prior to the update.   So far I pleased with the update.

I wish Windows Phone 8.1 was rolled out faster on Verizon, but better late the never I always say...

0 Likes