Lumia 822 - Speaker Quality?
hawaiianbro

Received on Feb 19.  Phone is great, however, I think I received a phone with a faulty speaker.  Need a sanity check before I "dance" with service to address the issue.

• Is the audio quality for this tier of phone considered acceptable to the average human ear?

The base speakers sound like they are blown (faulty in this case - never wet).  One is louder than the other and both (at vol 15) emit a static / tin-can noise that overrides the intended audio.  I didn't notice the issue until now as music was the last thing that I chose to configure on the phone.

• Can I go to a Verizon store to open a service call or do I need to do this through the Verizon HQ?

Thanks for reading.

X

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lumia 822 - Speaker Quality?
wpScotto
Enthusiast - Level 1

if you know someone with an 822 listen to it and compare.  If you dont, visit your local  Verizon store and check out the demo phone.  you should know right away when you compare them.  If your speaker is defective they should replace the phone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
wpScotto
Enthusiast - Level 1

if you know someone with an 822 listen to it and compare.  If you dont, visit your local  Verizon store and check out the demo phone.  you should know right away when you compare them.  If your speaker is defective they should replace the phone

0 Likes
hawaiianbro

Thanks wpScotto. 

It became as clear as day once the team at the Verizon Store was able to compare it to a display model.

0 Likes