I love the phone. Works great, but I have discovered a few quirks, and was wondering if anyone has them as well.
1. Phone app - settings - Voicemail - I turned off the Default VM slider. I want to add my passcode in for easy access while driving. I add a comma or 2 and the code..when I go back it tried to save but says
We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.
I have tried for 3 days,...never saves
2. Ringtones - I saw the instructions to copy ringtones to the ringtone folder. I put about 6 of them in there. But whne you try to change them Custom only evers sees 2. Is that right?
3. Text Notifcations - does not appear to be any way to get this to use a custom ringtone/alert.
Would love to hear from anyone who has this or found a way to fix it!
1. I can't answer this being I'm using Visual Voice Mail.
2. What are the file types of the ringtones that are not showing up? They should be MP3 files. I have about 5 showing up in my list.
3. Only custom ringtones are supported at the moment.
1. Ok thanks...I did call support..they had no idea...
2. Yes they are MP3s....they were the same ones I used on my blackberry
I may take them out and put them back in to see what happens
BTW, how did you get yours in there? Simple copy from your pC?
3. Did you mean only included ringtoen are supported?
I'm not aware of any limit to the number of custom ring tones installed... And they do not have to be mp3. Mine are wma. I don't recall what all file types are supported, but I seem to recall the web page saying "audio files." Helpful, huh?
I deleted and re-copyed them....that seemed to make then show up....very odd....
Still trying to get the Vocie mail number to save witha passcode...no luck there...
As for #1, changing the default VM number to include a passcode. I heard from another user with and HTC 8x and he has the exact same issue. Both of us are on Verizon. I am wondering if this has been disabled by Verizon.
I am trying to get a buddy with a 920 on ATT to test for me!
Will post the results!
Since ATT must use the caller id, they dont have a passcode. And that option is not available.
I feel this is a Verizon issue that they need to resolve.
I believe AT&T requires a pass code for their voicemail system now. I think I saw something about it in their customer forum.
I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.