Re: Lumia 928 Audio Drop-outs
BCARTEE
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's happening again.  This time after 2.5 weeks.  Just called Verizon and have phone #4 on the way.  Very discouraging to hear they still have not heard of this issue.  Told them to go search on there own message board and they could find it.  Sure the same will happen with the one on the way.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update and I agree that this sounds like a hardware issue. I want to make sure we get this issue reported to our product team. I followed a few of you in this thread. Please send me () a private message with your IMEI, how many replacements you've received for this issue, and let me whether you notice this only with the earpiece or with the speakerphone as well. Also, does this happen with music or when using a headset as well?

Please also include a link to this post for easy reference.

MarquiaF_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
von23

Both mine and my husband's phone have the same issue. We got the phone at the same time. This is my 3rd phone and 2nd sim card. The audio is cutting in and out and most of the time >70% I can't understand what the other party is saying on the phone. Sound like jumble up audio. When I call the verizon tech support, (3 times) they even can't understand me and asked me to hang up and call them from my home phone!  I do not know what can I do? They would not switch to other model phone but this phone is not usable! My husband phone is worse. He was having the same issue like mine from beginning but now almost 3 out of 4 calls, he can't hear anything, be it call out or received calls. He has to switch to speaker or using a headset. Then sometime it will work. Rebooting phone make no different. Verizon customer service said that they never hear of this problem before but if you search the web, it is all over. Verizon, what can we do? Do I have to keep calling to switch phone? 

0 Likes
BCARTEE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unbelievable that they seem to be ignoring this.  I'm sure because not many are using Windows phones.  I have to for work.  If something is not done soon I may go back to AT&T.

0 Likes
rick_h
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a few conversations with VZW support, I decided to try going straight to Nokia for help on this.  Started at http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/ and walked through the troubleshooting steps.  Ended up sending the phone in for repair and they replaced it at no cost under their warrantee terms.  The new 928 doesn't display any of the audio problems seen on the previous one.

egelliott3

Nice.  Is that an actual "new" replacement or a factory reconditioned one?  If really new may need to go this route if the problem comes up again. Annoying to have a phone that has been out for two months and somehow they have reconditioned ones to send instead of just replacing it with a new phone.

0 Likes
rick_h
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not entirely certain.  The documentation indicated reconditioned, but I saw absolutely no signs of wear on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Rick-h,

Whew! I am so glad to hear that you were able to get your issue resolved through the manufacturer. I know how important it is to have a properly working phone at all times. Keep us posted if you have any additional issues. Have a great day!

PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

EXCELLENT advice. THX . I agree. Go to the source with any issue. Nokia 1-888-665-4228 Ive had my 928 for 3 weeks. Keeping it. But stay away from VZ tech support of that windows central forum. Only response Ive gotten from either on any issue is do soft or hard resets, over and over. Its like hearing me tarzan you Jane when you deal with either. Go to the source Nokia

0 Likes
corkwatchr
Contributor - Level 1

Does no one else see what is wrong with the response above from Verizon? I think they should have handled the exchange free and automatically.

My experience with Verizon was much nicer (two years ago). My wife's HTC Trophy running WP7 stopped working completely after a few months so I called Verizon support for a free exchange. She had her new phone mailed to her within a couple of days and we mailed back the defective phone. All free and the CSR was very helpful.

0 Likes