Re: Lumia 928 Audio Drop-outs
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great! Let us know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jec

Mine has the same issue. I swear, every phone I've ever bought from Verizon has been an absolute piece of junk!

0 Likes
cvdeerhunters

This phone is nothing but junk. My wife is on her 4th one and I am on my second one in 9 months for the same reason. But Verizon will do nothing to help other than send me a refurbished one when I bought a brand new one. All I asked was to have a different brand of phone as this one definitely has major problems. All they tell me is to contact Nokia. NO! that is your responsibility. If my car has problems 9 months after I buy it I do not contact Ford, Chevy to figure out what is wrong. The person who sold the car does. Verizon should be contacting them and see if there is a fix, if not allow us to go to a different brand of phone. Now all they want to do is offer you the edge. You want my phone, which I paid for, and then expect me to pay full price for the new phone because the phone you sold me 9 months ago is nothing but a piece of crap!!!!

0 Likes
EMSNYC

Having the same exact issue!  This is CLEARLY a hardware issue.  My audio in the earpiece has been steadily fading and fizzling for a little over a month.  Now getting a replacement, though Verizon mysteriously canceled my replacement order and now I'm having to put in a new one.  Of course, there was no attempt to make up for their error.  Just putting through another replacement order for me.

But, not very confident this will be a solution, as others are all saying their replacement phones had similar issues.

Verizon, honestly, it's time to get us get a new phone, if we wish, and stop trying to recycle all these broken phones.  I will update if I have issues with my refurbished replacement.

0 Likes
JMangosteen

So it doesn't sound like Verizon or Nokia has fundamentally figured out how to fix this (or even acknowledged the problem!). Thus, even though my warranty runs out in a month, it seems pointless to exercise it since I'll just get a refurbished phone that will have the same problem a few months down the line (and possibly other problems--it is, after all, a refurb phone. Mine at least works fine outside of the earpiece...).

Does Verizon not realize how damaging this is to their standing (and Nokia/Windows Phone's) with customers? It makes a sham of the one-year warranty, particularly given the 2 year contract required to get it. What we have here is basically Verizon replacing people's phones all year until the warranty expires, after which point they can no longer use their phone as a phone without bluetooth.

Verizon should make a standing offer to 928 owners of a free trade-in to a comparable phone, discounted upgrade opportunity, or at least a statement credit. Some people in this thread have gone through 5 phones for goodness' sake! What are they supposed to do when their warranty expires? Buy an off-contract $500 phone?

0 Likes
ActualReverend

Wow, after reading all of these comments, I guess I am certainly not the only one with this problem.  If there is a resolution, I certainly want to be included.

I have tried all the things you have, reboots, factory resets, firmware upgrades, uninstall apps, etc.

-_B

0 Likes