hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

But black and white only???

>> Personal comment removed.  Please keep it courteous. <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Lumia 928 Official - Available May 16th
blessedSoul

Just called, and it seems I could order it right there over the phone. The only reason I didn't is  the price the rep told me it would cost: $179 after mail-in rebate. However, according to this blog post, it would cost $99 when it goes on sale the 16th:

http://blogs.windows.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2013/05/10/the-wait-is-over-lumia-928-...

Trying to figure out if I should wait until Thu.

0 Likes
asjhnsn
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the cost for us people that still have until March 2014 on their current contract? I also am very leary to switch as I heard XBox Music is terrible for us Zune people from WP7. I'd hate to switch and the 2000+ songs I have on my Trophy need to be downloaded all over again and the functionality of the app is less than stellar. Maybe I wait it out?!?!?!?

0 Likes
SOliver
Enthusiast - Level 2

And once again I'm left shaking my head at Verizon. The 928 is out in DAYS and yet no mention of it above the fold on the main Verizon page...

blessedSoul

Wow... This other phone is not available until the end of the month, but it can be pre-ordered, yet NL928 comes out next Thu and nobody at VZW seems to know much about it. I spoke with one rep yesterday, he mentioned I could order it, but at the wrong price, so I did not proceed with the order. I then chatted online with another rep, she was pushing anything but the NL928. I spoke with another rep just a few minutes ago, and after much browsing their system he was able to validate the correct price and release date, but not much more, he could not put in the order for me... So, yeah, shaking my head at Verizon, just like SOliver in above comment. I guess I have no other choice but to wait until Thu if...

0 Likes
chris_k1
Enthusiast - Level 3

>> comment deleted; please keep it courteous <<

From my perspective, and maybe I'm alone here, the 928 and the S4 are competitors.  Sure, they have different OS's, but they both boast pretty hardy hardware, and are top-tier phones.  I have been suffering with a "on-its-last-legs" HTC Thunderbolt (Verizon sent me a refurbished unit as a replacement for my new unit after only a few weeks of getting my new one... but that's another story), and I have been chomping at the bit to get a new phone.  I had my mind set on either a 928 or an S4.  I thought for sure I'd end up with a 928, as I was sure it would be released sooner.

But, as news on the 928 was few and far between, I started to give up on the 928 being released any time soon.  Then a couple week's ago, the S4 pre-order opened up... so I pre-ordered, figuring it was going to beat the 928 to market.  Now the 928 is announced, and will beat the S4 to market by at least two weeks!?

I strongly suspect there are a lot of people who pre-ordered the S4 after giving up on the 928 after nothing but ambiguous rumors. >> comment deleted; please keep it courteous <<

>> minor editing to remove profanity <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes