Lumia 928 frozen!
WNeely

I've had my lumia 928 since launch day and I'm pretty much in love with it. Basically everything I could ever need from a mobile device. The only issue I have with it is that at least once a day, the screen will freeze with the only fix being a soft reset. This problem wouldn't normally bother me but I have to reset it multiple times and hope that I'll get lucky. As of right now I've used the soft reset a total of 5 times in the last half hour with zero result. Anyone have a solution before I try getting a new device? I notice this happens more often when my phone heats up. This is my first smartphone so feel free to treat me like an imbecile. Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lumia 928 frozen!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WNeely, thanks for your post. This certainly isn't normal behavior for a smartphone. Do you notice it freezing and getting hot while or after using specific applications? If this started while using a specific application, uninstall. Before replacing the phone, I suggest a hard reset http://vz.to/17pEsU2.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
felickz

Same issue here...

Seems to happen at random times so i cannot correlate it with any specific scenario...

See same issue on microsoft forums:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wprestore/just-got-the-lumia-928-screen-is-alm...

0 Likes
WNeely

I tried a hard reset a few days after the suggestion and took note of which apps I was using before the phone froze. So far, there's no single app that causes it and it's currently frozen without being exposed to above average temperatures.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for completing the suggested troubleshooting steps WNeely! Please send me a direct message with your mobile number so I may further assist. Thank you.

Tominque B.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
buckeyefanboyer

i tried the hard reset twice and my screen is still unresponsive. I tried multiple soft resets and all it did was make me frustrated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there buckeyefanboyer,

Thanks for trying the hard reset.  It is the final step in our troubleshooting process and I was hoping that would work.  At this point we would have to discuss replacement options. Please follow me and dm me your mobile number and billing system password so I discuss options that are specific to you.

NicholasB_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mkmitchell

It has happened to me 4 times lately, ie past month. All I can do is do hard reset. I stopped by local Verizon store 2 days ago and clerk said he had not heard of this issue..

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wonder if the phones that came out on launch day and soon after were part of a bad batch?  I've had my Nokia Lumia 928 for a little over a month.  I have had to do two soft resets but not a hard reset.  Also Windows 8 GDR (General Distribution Release) 2 was released for the phone last week perhaps updating to that MIGHT fix your problem it definitely will not cost you anything. 

0 Likes
gymcoach10

I got my phone on launch day, and this screen unresponsiveness only started once I did the Amber update.

0 Likes