Lumia 928 will not accept wifi password
jo44

The phone will not accept our wireless password.  It has at another location.  Can't figure out why it won't take accept the home password.  Any suggestions....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lumia 928 will not accept wifi password
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jo44, I can understand how this could be bothersome.
Are you still having issues connecting? Have you reset your wifi password? Have you confirmed the password is accurate when trying connect w/ the device? Can your device connect to other rememebered wifi networks? Please give more info. We are here to help.

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
dflanders

Mine 928 won't accept the WPA2 key at work. It takes others but just not that one. We have connected numerous other phones (Android and Iphones). It's a simple key but it does have a @ in it and I wonder if the windows phone has a problem with symbols in the PW. It just keeps telling me the PW is incorrect, but I know its not!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dflanders, connecting to your WiFi device should be a simple task. This isn't a known issue with this phone. Are you able to change the WiFi password for that device at work and try again?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dflanders

I really don't want to change the pw because a lot of people use the WiFi and we would have to change all their devices. Does the 928 support wpa2?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

dflanders wrote:

... It's a simple key but it does have a @ in it and I wonder if the windows phone has a problem with symbols in the PW. It just keeps telling me the PW is incorrect, but I know its not!

I have an email password with the @ symbol - and it works fine.  Our WPA-2 password(s) also work, however they are just numbers and letters combinations, without symbols.  I can say that WPA2 IS supported; whether symbols in the password are what's throwing it off, I don't know.

0 Likes
dflanders

I know it's weird...we can put the pw in an android phone and an iPhone, and it works, just not the windows phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info dflanders! I am eager to get this fixed for you. You have completed some great troubleshooting steps. My recommendation moving forward would be a hard reset on your device. http://vz.to/1dj3S7R I have not had a problem with connecting this device to wifi. It leads me to believe that software could be blocking it. After you complete the reset, try to connect without adding any email account or apps to your device.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

0 Likes
dflanders

Thanks Bobby.

I have no problems connecting to other wi-fi systems, just the one with WPA-2 security and the @ symbol in the PW. Do you think the hard reset will correct that?

Will I lose all my apps, email accounts and calendar items if I reset?

Thanks!

Dave

Private information removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Dflanders

Great question! Yes the hard reset would erase all information and bring the device back to the factory default settings. Paid applications will come back when the primary email has been redownloaded. So will Calendar items as long as they are backed up with the email.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes